Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Missing. She was never presumed dead. (They couldn't have both Kay AND Victor feared dead at the same time :lol:)

Esther was worried Kay was drinking again but both she & Nikki found out that she was OK and purposefully staying away. Jill was convinced Katherine was away due to some grand scheme of hers to drive her crazy.

• Members

Another episode previously not on youtube.

(The beginning is sort clipped off a few seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTJrDWJSGk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKmZ-bD6Nsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNckjESl09U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asfpOOLA5UY

I am gonna try to have my channel be public one more time........ This is the same channel I used to upload those 2 95 episodes, but they are now public as well.

• Members

The backstage war between Ed Scott and Alden cost us Alex Donnelley(!!), Christopher Douglas, almost MTS, and eventually Ed Scott himself. 2001 was good with Tricia's descent and the Nick&Sharon drama but had some mixed things like Paul and Isabella being boring and taking over the show.

The bottom of Alden's era came with the Malcolm in Africa story which was ridiculously written and caused a substantial ratings loss.

Thanks Carl/DRW for sharing that 1990 synopsis I really have to wonder a couple things about it:

1. Ashley and Brad were very hot around this time I wonder what would have happened if Ashley went full speed with Brad.

2. I wonder if Cassandra Rawlins could have been kept around for years to come.

3. I really wish I could see more of the whole Rex/Jill/Leanna/John/Kay stuff it seems so largely forgotten.

• Members

I knew about the fall and addiction (I watched most of the addiction part) but didn't realize she'd miscarried a child then too. I also didn't realize she'd said she loved Jack as a brother. Ouch.

It's a shame that they felt like the only believable way Jack and Nikki would stay together was multiple pregnancies.

• Members

Can you please fill me in on this? I've always been curious about what happened there. Why would AD be a casualty in a power struggle between a long-time EP and a long-time writer? I was so shocked about this controversy back then because I floved Scott and I really liked Alden as well. But their power struggle was the beginning of the end for Y&R.

What makes the whole thing even more mind-boggling is that Alden and Scott have now worked together again at B&B for years. But I guess Brad calls the shots there, so they don't need to struggle for power LOL

You must be forgetting ALEX the female lawyer who stole the Winters' heart. I swear her scenes would last forever.

Edited by Hotness

• Members

Technically they haven't worked together on B&B. Both have (in Alden's case had) lower-ranking positon than they had on Y&R. Ed Scott is hadnling the day-to-day taping business and overseeing remotes etc whereas Alden was co-head writer underneath Brad AND Michael Minnis and mostly pulling script-editing duties. And on B&B only Brad calls the shots: he's the writer, he's producer, it's his company who owns the show, so...

• Members

It was sort of a stretch to get them together to begin with. After Victor and Leanna split and Jim Grainger dumped Nikki they were naturally getting closer together again. However Jack intervened and began romancing Nikki out of revenge for the hostile Jabot takeover and only fell in love with Nikki after the fact of marrying Nikki. Their previous history was the two previous affairs before that so it wasn't some whirlwind romance they had.

It was a feud over story direction and casting decisions. Scott was accused of interfering with Alden's writing(he was later charged with this in 2008 on Days) and basically he and Alden clashed over creative differences really. Hence why Donnelley was a victim as she was fired over which direction to take Diane in. Same thing happened with Douglas.

Scott wasn't fired per say, he simply finished out his contract and that was it. He was hired back as supervising producer in 2004 until Latham let him go in 2007, However had Alden been let go in 2001 I don't know what would have happened. Perhaps Smith and MAB as Co-HW's...?

• Members

I forgot to mention the triangle involving Alex. Yes it was dull and contrived but it was somewhat better than what happened the year before with Malcolm and Dru getting passionate while Olivia was on her deathbed. At least that story ended fairly quickly for being pretty inappropriate.