Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh dear Lord. I will have to download this. Thank you.

Bill Bell knew how to bring the horribly unintentional camp in the mid/late 80's. This, Amy's walking tour of dives, and the MST3K-eseque montage of Lauren and psycho Shawn driving around San Francisco (really, a car driving around, with voiceovers of Shawn going, "Look. Isn't that incredible?" as Lauren goes, "Yes").

• Members

never mind....I don't he uploaded the clip with the song for whatever reason :(

There's also this though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmwTT5da0Ko&list=LLzyLXehReIDasWwRu7wvfBg

Kevin is still a psycho here and he just had sex with Lily and gave her the STD. Dru with a bad afro here,

At the end Victoria (some of Heather Tom's final scenes) has a scene with Damon, had know idea they interacted and to be honest i still have no clue exactly what Damon's purpose on the show was.

The most interesting thing is that Donnelly Rhodes apparently came back as Phillip during that week I'm guessing as one of Kay's ghosts?

oh yeah also Ashley going crazy over the blanket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q07orMb5koY&list=LLzyLXehReIDasWwRu7wvfBg

• Members

Thanks for the clips. It is great to see J.T. and the original Colleen again. I loved them so much. I was addicted to Y&R during their romance from 2002 to early 2004. J.T./Colleen and Dean/Jenna (Another World) have to be my top two teen soap romances although there were others that I loved like Zander and Emily.

• Members

That's why it's sort of hard to watch these clips cause despite how "better" the show seemed I knew it had already been going down thanks to Jack Smith.

hey deeedee, this is going back to the Jill and Victor relationship but I wanted to know if Eric Braeden had a problem during the scene from 1996 when Jill threatens Victor before he was shot during the primetime special. Did Braeden have issues with being threaten by Jess shooting that scene? I had to ask because there has been this idea that Braeden hates it when women get to 1-up Victor during a scene, and not only did she do that but she also got "the last word".

• Members
The Ashley thing was bad and the Colleen thing was atrocious (it was MAB's official jump-the-shark moment for many viewers), but killing Brad is one thing I can't fault MAB for. Sony said she had to cut either Brad or Paul, and (for once) she made the right decision. Plus, it ended up benefiting B&B massively in the long-run.

• Members
I don't think LML can be faulted for MAB's dismantling of the show. Her tenure was destructive, yes, but MAB did everything she could to erase the LML era from memory. It's not like MAB continued the reliquary/senate race/Pheila crap. She basically restored the show after LML and then proceeded to destroy it all over again (much more severely) in her own way.