The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I like the show has stayed true to form and has not allowed their audience to dictate keeping characters that might be well received around. its not realistic based on the premise of the show. I figured after the Randall incident and once Rick killed Shane Rick was done at some point. He no longer has the moral compass for the group. Michonne is going to be a good addition. And I do like they are not signing big names. It shows with compelling story you don't need it. (one of my issues with at the Good Wife this year, too much stunt casting causing the show to lose some focus).

And I am with most I can't stand Laurie and haven't from day 1. I can't figure out if it's really the character or the actress playing her because she just elicits no sympathy from me and I feel like I am supposed to admire and love her, she was wanted by the 2 leads at the time, she's a mother, and she's pregnant, and tends to be nurturing.I know she's supposed to represent hope and it falls flat for me.

Disappointed the season is over, it seems so short, and not looking forward to boring MadMen returning.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think it is because Rick has a moral compass that he is so distraught over killing Shane. He is a mess and Lori rejecting him did not help. But really Rick is all that group has and that is no small thing. As far as Hershel is concerned Rick is in charge and Daryl believes that Rick has honor and has no intention of taking charge or going it alone. Maybe Andrea could step up, but she is not around at the moment.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

This is one area I think is a little weak. I think I am supposed to feel Rick has lost it and I am not supposed to root for him because Laurie turned against him, but I think because Laurie seems so cold a character(and I think I blame the casting a tad for this) I feel more for him than I do for her. Right now he's the only leader but I think Michonne is going to change that big time. I do like Andrea and Daryl the most out of all and oddly Carol I think.

• Members

Based on Mazzara and Kirkman's comments during the Talking Dead, we are supposed to root for and/or support Rick. When they were asked about Lori's reaction, they looked at each other which made me think that they did that just for the drama, but what they said was that Lori was mad at herself, not at Rick.

When Rick cried out that he didn't ask for this and didn't need this, I believed him. He is exhausted by it all and would be relieved not to have to make most of the decisions and protect the group from their own self-destructive actions. I mean, what the hell were they thinking wanting to split up and run off in the dark. Let someone else deal with them.

My favorites are Rick, Daryl, Hershel, Glenn, and Maggie.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Administrator

What an action packed finale! I loved Rick's speech at the end (this isn't a decromacy anymore!) and I think he's one of the most compelling characters on TV.

Yeah, getting perfect head shots in a fast moving vehicle. LOL

I liked that Daryl line too. Go Daryl!

I LOL at that too.

I had the same reaction too. LOL

I don't read the comics, so I had no idea who that was or what was that last shot of a fortress (?). Don't tell me though...I'm spoiler free. :)

What a fantastic season! I really hope AMC gives more money for season 3's budget. The show deserves it.

• Members

ITA. Rick really is one of the best characters. Andrew Lincoln was amazingly good in all his emotional scenes last night. I was very impressed. I hope there is a chance that he can get an Emmy nomination.

It was a brilliant second season. I hope that AMC sees all that ad revenue and gives TWD back a few dollars to improve the production.

I forgot to mention how totally freaked out I was when Jimmy and Patricia were eaten alive. What a freaking horrible death. Damn. I was also thinking about that Latino group caring for the elderly at the nursing home. They probably got eaten and attacked when the elderly died. Horrible.

Also, I loved Andrea running and fight for her life. She turned into one hardass woman. I was rooting for her.

I saw the Mad Men promos riffing of TWD. Ha, please, I'll be watching Game of Thrones not that crap.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

The Walking Dead shatters records!

It drew 9 million total viewers, including 6 million in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demo, 5.3 million in adults 25-54 and 3.2 million in 18-34.

These numbers way WAY better than pretty much anything on the big 4 lol and its cable!

Edited by gtru1981