Toups

The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

3,162 posts in this topic

Episode 1.4: What an ending! Totally didn't expect that attack. Cute blonde Amy got killed off. :(

Episode 1.5: This was a pretty emotional episode. Andrea saying goodbye to her sister before shooting her in the head. Then everyone leaving the guy who was biten behind. And the end with Rick pleading to the camera to let them in.

I am probably the only one, but I'm utterly bored with this show. I watched all the episodes, but the only episode I really liked was the premiere. All the others were such a snooze fest.

I am probably the only one, but I'm utterly bored with this show. I watched all the episodes, but the only episode I really liked was the premiere. All the others were such a snooze fest.

I've only seen three and am really bored and I hear the same thing from others. One thing I'm missing is any kind of sense of humor. Sorry but I really think the only people who could survive a zombie apocalypse would be those who can laugh in the face of death.

Wow! Huge ratings for the finale!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/12/06/walking-dead-finale-draws-6-million-viewers-3-0-adults-18-49-rating/74468

AMC’S THE Walking Dead IS THE MOST WATCHED DRAMA SERIES AMONG ADULTS 18-49 IN BASIC CABLE HISTORY SUNDAY FINALE ATTRACTS 4 MILLION ADULTS 18-49; GARNERS A 4.1 HH RATING WITH 6 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS

Can't wait for season 2!

So Frank Darabont went to the panel, but now is leaviung? Hrmm http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/walking-dead-shocker-frank-darabont-steps-down-as-showrunner/

I don't know if I should be worried about this or not. He helped make season 1 incredible.

Does anyone know if he already had a few season 2 episodes wrapped before leaving, or is his influence not going to be seen at all?

I think this article spells out the issues more clearly. Quotes some of the things he was saying behind the scenes at SDCC:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Walking-Dead-Frank-Darabont-Showrunner-1035739.aspx

Sounds like they have a lot of season 2 wrapped up.

Thanks for the link, Julia.

I'm still hopeful that this season will be incredible, but it's such a shame that he's leaving. He seemed to enthusiastic about being part of it. :(

It sounds like he may stay on in a limited capacity, but that the grind of working so many hours a day was too much for him. It's too bad, since one of those articles mentioned that he had been trying to bring this to series for 5 years.

Agreed completely. And yes, that's why I was shocked too-it obviously was a pet project of his, so he must really have found it hard work to leave. (I'm sure some people find this sweet irony after he fired all those writers last year, etc). At least the original comic book writer is still on board, even though of course the second half of season 1 was largely stuff not in the comics...