The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I thought that was very, very well done. Incredible two-hander by Lennie James and John Carroll Lynch. Ultimately their worldview cannot be sustained in the purity Eastman sought, and Morgan will have to learn that, but a middle ground can be found.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Another clunker, this is two weeks in a row.   At least last week concerned Morgan, a long running character.   I have no idea what they thought the hook was for this episode.   This episode picks up after the attack and they can't even bother to show us Carol.   They have Michonne appearing in some glorified cameo voice over.  Instead of showing us the characters we tune in to watch, they showcased that doctor lady, Deanna's son, and a few people I'm not even sure we have ever even seen them before now.  How did that get OKed?

If not for Maggie and Aaron this show would have nothing to show for itself this week.   I guess the older son will learn how to fire a gun so he can try and kill Rick or Carl but the rest was just a complete waste of time.  

• Members

Carl really makes the timeline of this show seem wonkey. It's only been about two years, maybe less, since these people met up. Carl's aging makes it seem like at least 6. He was so small in the first season. 

I can't believe Maggie is pregnant. She and Glen are idiots for letting that happen. Part of me feels like she deserves whatever pain this brings her for the way she shamed Laurie for considering taking the day after pills (or whatever she was thinking of taking at the farm).

• Members

I don't have a problem with Jessica and Rick. I agree with those who feel too much romance would ruin this show, but it would be realistic if more of these people were hooking up. I believe she will die soon and Carol will take on her son. I may be totally off base, but I think there is a reason they show Carol being cold to that boy still. She's protecting herself from caring for him because children die in this world. 

• Members

You and me, both Vee. I liked seeing Deanna Shell-shocked, as anyone would be. Austin Nichols was a good choice to play her son. He's a decent enough actor, He also plays spoiled rich-kid well.  And that's the problem with these people. They are spoiled, having not dealt with their reality until this point.  

I also like the new character played by Merrit Wever.  I love how she was ready to just give up, but then..."bam" she figured out what she had to. Because she didn't give up...   As for Rick/Jessie...I'm not a fan or against it.  They are just kinda "Meh" . I do like Jessie being smart enough to start doing things. It took her long enough...

• Members

Well, I liked Season 2, so I'm the outlier - character drama is what builds on and supports the action for me. I know plenty about the existing crew, I just really enjoyed watching the Alexandrians adjust and watching those characters be built up more, and I was surprised and pleased to see I wasn't imagining things with Tara and Merrit Wever's character. They're adorable together.

I think Alexandra Breckinridge (Jessie) is a solid actress and I've seen her in a couple other things over the summer; I like the character's growth. I still consider Rick and Jessie a transitional relationship so while I'd certainly prefer a Rick/Michonne romance, it just doesn't particularly bug me or seem like any kind of central story focus for the show. What I'm more interested in is her evolution as a survivor and her relationships with her sons, which is what they appear to be focusing on more than anything passionate with Rick (which sometimes seems more awkwardly slugged in from the comics, and which

When he's wearing the knit cap and scowling around I keep forgetting Austin Abrams (Ron) was the bouncy, motormouthed little twink from that movie Paper Towns. He's so morose here he's unrecognizable, but I guess that's good acting. I can see some unwise teenage murder attempt coming with the two boys over the girl and I just am not interested in that, so I hope they change it up. I'd rather see them actually make friends, as opposed to fighting over an obnoxious girl who is almost certainly a mole for the Wolves. There's plenty of death and madness outside the walls, what interests me is the equal and opposite forces that build up to rival those. That's what drives the future conflict and battling to me.

Poor old Maggie! Great speech by Lauren Cohan.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I keep away from the comics and all spoilers, so I don't know anything about Negan. I like that actor though.

As for tonight's episode, I almost felt like they are purposely trying to punk us. I actually like Daryl and I still thought that was a waste of time. Also, I'm thinking of referring to him as dirty Daryl from now on. They need to let that man wash his damn hair.