DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you so much for the article. Great to hear more from people like Stanley Kamel (I guess he finally got those sympathetic primetime roles later on) and to see those photos.

You can always tell it's a '70s soap article if there are mentions of EST, meditation, therapy, or if someone is holding a guitar.

I never knew Alice and Julie were heavily at odds. I'd like to see that, to see that harder side of Alice.

• Members

Regarding Julie and Alice being at odds, Julie had moved into Doug's home when she was pregnant with Bob Anderson's baby (nothing romantic at that point). Julie's son David misunderstood something he saw between Doug and Julie and jumped to the conclusion that Doug was the father of the baby. Brooke Hamilton was stirring things up too. Somehow they convinced Alice that Doug and Julie were having an affair while he had been married to Addie (which was false) and Alice was furious with them both. Alice also was hard on Bill and Laura when Mickey had his heart attack (blaming them).

• Members

I can't remember whether David found out about Brooke scheming. Shortly after all this occurred is when he had the car accident and was believed dead (while he was actually living with Valerie Grant and her family).

I'm also not sure whether Alice found out about the rape. Of course, Tom knew the whole story the entire time but went along with Laura's wishes not to say anything. This story took place over a period of eight years and I do believe by the time the truth came out that the rape had been downplayed so that may not have been a factor in everyone's reaction.

Amy, I liked Stanley Kamel on "Monk," too, as well as Days, of course. I think I have a few articles strictly about him. I'll try to find them and post them.

• Members

Thanks for the articles! Coincidentally, I just saw Mark Tapscott on a "Maverick" rerun. Encore Western is a great place to see the older soap stars in their earlier roles. I recently saw Peggy McCay also on "Maverick," and John Lupton on "Gunsmoke."

And I never knew until his death that Edward Mallory was married to Suzanne Zenor. Maybe he learned his lesson from his earlier marriage to Joyce Bulifant which seemed to be documented a lot in the magazines.

Edited by jam6242