DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Being a younger viewer -- I started watching as a kid in the '90s, those were all the ones I grew up on. Though oddly, Mark Valley and Stephanie Cameron never jived with me and I still only see Missy/Matt as Jen/Jack, probably because they came back during my high school and college years.

But I'm used to the characterizations of John, Marlena, Roman and Tony from then forward.

• Members

Leslie Jordan (of Will & Grace and many other shows) was recently interviewed in the UK and was asked to name the most difficult person he ever worked with.

He said Mary Frann.

That doesn't involve DAYS, just putting it here as she was on the show and I didn't know where else to put it.

• Members

That's too bad about Mary Frann because I know the Newhart cast absolutely adored her. Maybe she found sitcom work and the pace of it better suited for her, and thus was more mellow?

Speaking of Mary Frann, she was in one of my favorite cheesy 80s movies of all-time, Dance 'Til Dawn (1988), about the prom night in one little town and how it affects both the kids AND the parents. Ms. Frann played the wife of Cliff DeYoung and the mother of Christina Applegate!! Another soap alum (an Emmy-winning soap alum, at that) who had a prominent role in the flick was Brian Bloom (the first Dusty on ATWT) - who broke up with the popular Alyssa Milano character and asked the nerdy Tracey Gold character to prom in the hope of, ahem, making prom night a "special night".

Has anyone else ever seen this? Trust me, Kelsey Grammer (who himself had a stint as a doctor on AW shortly before joining Cheers) and Edie McClurg as Tracey Gold's parents alone make this movie worth watching!!!

• Members

Thanks for sharing that.

I really love their relationship - it's so sweet. Hey let's just go in the car and see the country. And they do. You can't ask for anything better in a relationship with a partner or spouse.

I don't blame Susan for not wanting fan hate but I hope they keep Julie with an edge.

Edited by DRW50