DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A documentary has been made about Susan Oliver (Laura #3) that talks about her numerous primetime guest shots,flying career and attempts at directing.

Also appearing are other primetime actors who did soaps including Lee Meriwether,Roy Thinnes, David Hedison and Peter Mark Richman.

Sounds interesting

http://thegreengirlmovie.com/

• Members

I think JLB did a good job as Laura, especially considering her material was so histrionic - she was hilarious and ridiculous but I think when she had quieter moments she sold them. I also loved her feud with Kate.

I would imagine Flannery was the most popular, given that she was one of the show's main leading ladies during its peak years.

• Members

Susan Flannery was amazing as Laura -- both smart and sexy, icy and hot. Rosemary Forsyth came off as somewhat of a schoolmarm in comparison. Plus, I thought she was too old for the role. Her coldness was effective as Laura descended into madness, however.

Bauer's Laura bore no relation to the one that came before.

• Members

I feel like that was a common problem among many established characters during JER's time at DAYS. Mark Valley's and especially Steve Wilder's Jack bore no resemblance to Matthew Ashford's. Stephanie Cameron's Jennifer bore no resemblance to Melissa Reeves's. Roark Critchlow? No way was his Mike anything like Michael T. Weiss's. Even John, Marlena and Roman were not what they used to be. I guess that's one reason why I eventually walked away from the show for awhile.

Edited by Khan