DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks. That makes more sense now that I've seen some of the earlier material. It's such a fun clip. DAYS had such a vibrant middle-age set at this point. I'll never really know why they saw them as so expendable and old.

• Members

Was it Brian Frons? We need to get a list of the various daytime heads over the years and see what influence they had on the shows.

Re Doug and Julie. While it was nice to see them play comedy the storylines went nowhere and a little of it went a long way.SSH is soap opera and needed better material.

The Hayes said that NBC told them research showed that Days core fans would stick with the show no matter what so to attract new fans it was felt that new (younger) characters were the key. They were happy to keep the vets around either on recurring or contracts that offered them fewer appearances and limited story.

I noticed that when Pat Falken Smith left DePriest and Anderson didn't follow through on the stories she had launched.

Marcus Brady and Vanessa Di Mera never arrived nor did Bill Horton return. Stefano was not interested in Julie etc Val was quickly written off

I wonder whether this was intentional and TPTB did not want to face another lawsuit from PFS about using her characters and story projections

What we got from DePriest/Anderson didn't follow through on PFS set up.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Marcus Aurelius Brady, as envisioned by Pat Falken Smith, was Roman and Kayla's brother, mentioned but never seen. However, it's long been suspected that Bo, introduced by later writers, was/is pretty much what Marcus was supposed to be.

Also, unless I'm wrong, I think Vanessa DiMera was supposed to be Tony's sister -- again, she was mentioned (or might have been) but any plans to introduce her formally on the show were scrapped once PFS was out the door again.

• Members

I want to know who the genius was who decided that David Banning should be SORASed and cast with actors who looked (and probably were) about two years younger than Susan Hayes. Then to make Julie a grandmother when she was like 35. After all she did for the show, that had to be a big slap in the face. I hope her mother wasn't the one who wrote that plot. Or was she the one who wrote the story which introduced Lee Carmichael (Brenda Benet) and had her trying to steal Doug away from Julie?