DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wonder what fan reaction is to this specific time. I know a lot of people loved when the show began Bo and Hope, then Shane/Kim, and many other couples, but I don't hear as much about the time described here. I know a lot of fans were upset about what was done to Renee.

• Members

I wasn't watching DOOL during this time, but I do like Renee from what I've seen in youtube clips, though her character seemed to change alot by the time she died. Mostly what I've heard from this time are about the two major murder stories, the Salem Strangler and the Salem Slasher, which seem to be popular amongst fans.

• Members

Salem Strangler was on the whole an exciting and well plotted story and a first for daytime. Salem Slasher,however was a poor imitation and the beginning of Days excursion into far fetched and poorly written 'mysteries'.This involved identical cousins and masks where someone of a completely different build could fall everyone by virtue of an amazing lifelike mask.

• Members

There was some pretty exciting stuff happening then. I loved the whole Liz-Neil-Don-Tony-Anna-Marie-Alex roundelay, Eugene and Calliope were a scream, Roman and Marlena and Kim and Shane were great, and Bo and Hope were an attractive couple (though Kristian Alfonso was very, very green). I didn't like the increasing marginalization of the old guard: Doug, Julie, Don, Trish, Maggie and Mickey. I thought most of the Salem Strangler was very well done, including the Mary Anderson murder/Jake unmasking and Marlena's "murder." The Salem Slasher story had some individually thrilling moments but it was, as Paul said, poor conceived. I remember Don Craig ripping off his "mask" to reveal Roman Brady and losing about a foot of height in the process!

• 2 weeks later...