DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why did Sami and Chelsea hate each other? Skip to 7:48. Thats quite the heated exchange. Did Sami also hate Billie bc she calls her a whore in this clip. Its weird bc Sami asked Chelsea to be at her wedding and is quite cordial with her in the next clip. What happened between those episodes to get them to be so vile to one another? Or was this a different wedding? I cant keep track with Sami. Chelsea even insults her by saying "how many wedding dresses do you own by now?"

Edited by Cheap21

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The first wedding was the 2005 "Stan" wedding and was written by Riley who just wrote Sami as hateful all the time. The second clip was right before the Sami/Lucas 2007 wedding and was during the whole Sami redemption arc therefore a kindler gentler Sami.

• Members

It seems JER really wanted a catalyst to push the Kristen/John/Marlena triangle in a certain directon and Tony was it. Thaao didn't really like what was happening to his character, and true enough Tony was acting out of character, Thaao I think even stated he started playing Andre around the time of Aremid, he seem to really feel Tony was losing his dignity as a character which I think caused tension between Thaao and JER.

JER also didn't like Victor much and that is why he was pushed out, again in less than a dignified fashion. I seem to remember rumours that John Aniston asked his daughter to beg NBC to get him back on the show.

This is all from memory so maybe someone knows more in depth.

• Members

The Tony of the early years and the one in the JER era seemed very different. It seemed like this became personal, with the way Tony was written when JER returned, and then some of Thaao's comments about him.

I thought the idea of having Andre as the one who did all that stuff was very good. Then they ended up killing Tony off again anyway.

• Members

Thaao started to play him more "Andre-like" when Tony arrived in Aremid. He also smoked which Tony never did. But from what I have read, Thaao didn't dislike the storyline. He called it a greek tragedy. But what Thaao didn't like or thought was hard was lying in a coffin in his last episodes because his mom and dad both died just a few days apart from each other. So playing dead in a coffin while mourning his parents must how been tough. But there was nothing personal with Relliy.

Then in 2002 he came back

Brash and Cwikly wrote that Tony fell into a coma and Andre was the one that arrived in Aremid.

Then in 2004 Tony was killed by the Salem Stalker and Thaao spoiled the story in some magazine. I think that was the moment that Thaao got an enemy in Reilly. During the Melaswen storyline Tony smoked cigars several times and Tony talked about how he cheated death when he framed John for his murder, Reilly ignored B&C's version of the story that it was Andre in Aremid. After Melaswen, the Castle and Iraq, Tony was sent to prison.

In 2007 Thaao came back but Corday felt that the character of Tony had been written into a corner and could never interact with the other characters in a normal way, so it would be just another round of him kidnapping or holding people hostage. Corday told Sheffer about Andre and that's how we got the big rewrite that Tony was put on an island in 1985 and everything since had been Andre. It created so many plotholes for the storyline in 1993-1995 and 2002-2003. If they wanted the psycho in 2004-2005 to have been Andre it would have been fine. He could have taken Tony's place in summer 2003 when Tony was in a coma but mysteriously disappeared when Bo and Hope were attacked as the fashion show.

AntonyDimera has uploaded something called "The Tony DiMera Project 1993-1995". I highly recommend it. He describe it as: The beginning of Tony's Godfather-esque fall to darkness.

Or... the beginning of a reformed Andre's return to villainy. However you wanna look at it".

Shortly after the reveal in 2007 Andre was killed off. Tony spent most of the time on the backburner before he was also killed off, in 2009. Corday told Thaao the death didn't have to be permanent and there was always a chance to come back. So far it hasn't happened. On Twitter, Thaao sometime sound like he wants to come back, and other times he sounds happy and has moved on. I personally would love to have him back. I want them to fix all the mistakes of the past when it comes to Tony and Andre but most people seems confused as it is already so maybe that would be too much for them.

• Members

It's very Irna Phillips. I guess at least he didn't kill Victor, as she would have done.

I don't have a lot of respect for Jennifer Aniston but I did like when she went on Rosie's show and basically said, hey, put my father back on the show!