DRW50

DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos

1,408 posts in this topic

I'm still going through my old VHS tapes and keeps finding random episodes of Days - so far in this episode Carrie and Sami has a catfight and Hope and Bo dance to the Macarena. Remember when Days had the budget to use popular songs instead of random techno? :lol:

*screaaams* I'm at Susan's introduction!!! "Who are you?" "Well... I'm Kristen Blake."

Edited by te.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:33 PM, te. said:

Remember when Days had the budget to use popular songs instead of random techno? :lol:

Oh yes!! Carrie and Austin's song (played ad nauseum) was the Flamingos' "I Only Have Eyes For You", and the then-Top 10 hit by Donna Lewis, "I Love You Always Forever" was used as a more current love theme for them (and was played at their 1997 wedding reception). Carrie and Mike's love song was one of the biggest hits of 1997-98, LeAnn Rimes' "How Do I Live". They also went to some party where Craig Wesley was and the Spice Girls were blaring.

I also remember a big montage scene where Marlena was reflecting about John, flashbacks back to the 80s and all. Then the scene jumped to Hope, who was thinking about the good times with Bo. The song used was Whitney Houston's hit from The Bodyguard - "I Have Nothing". Mark Valley and Stephanie Cameron had an elaborate dream sequence as Jack and Jennifer dancing to Toni Braxton's "Un-Break My Heart".

Those were indeed the DAYS, my friends!!

3 hours ago, jam6242 said:

Days%20writers_zpsjhzapqis.jpg

Thanks for posting.  I had no idea PFS has written for the show that long before her first HW stint!

I did wonder how accurate that was.  I didn't think Bill Bell started on Days until 1966 so how could he have hired PFS in 1965? 

9 hours ago, jam6242 said:

I did wonder how accurate that was.  I didn't think Bill Bell started on Days until 1966 so how could he have hired PFS in 1965? 

The article was incorrect. PFS was NOT a writer on DAYS from its 1965 debut. William J. Bell arrived in 1966, and he hired Smith after that.

Great find. I wonder if his return story was just the stuff with his brother...oh and there was Kayla right?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those were the stories.  I remember Chris felt guilty about what Jake had done while he was gone.  Then he and Eugene built the robot (which was actually Chris' invention).

20 years ago this week

I know one of the episodes from this week was used for Eileen Davidson's 1998 Emmy reel as the clip was shown on the broadcast. I don't know what the other episode was though.

I was just thinking about this. Damn. What a great payoff at the time. The summer of 1997 was a time of payoff for Reilly's big stories before he left in the fall and set the show down a slippery new path.