DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was reading an SOD from around summer 1986. Sharon Farrell (Nina's mother on Y&R, and also on Rituals for a while as Mary Beth Evans' mother) said she'd been cast in a regular role on DAYS, but the story was canceled and she never made it on the air. Do any of you know what this story or character would have been?

• Members

I don't think she was on for all but six months at the most but yeah it was a long-dead/forgotten spouse tale. It was John's first story after being revealed not to be Roman and she came to town claiming he was her wife. She was exposed to be some famous international assassin for hire and jewel thief and ran off, or was caught by the ISA. I don't remember which, but I don't think it was ever addressed again. This would have been around the same time period which John was said to be Forest Alamain, Lawrence's long deceased half-brother.

• Members

This goes along with the above ad. I just was looking through the Variety archives, and here is the text of the ad they placed in Variety for April 21, 1975:

What's better than a half-hour "Days of Our Lives"?

A full hour "Days of Our Lives."

Today, April 21, 1975, "Days of Our Lives" expands to a full hour each weekday. And we couldn't be more pleased...

With its ten successful years on the NBC-TV Network.

With executive producer Mrs. Ted Corday.

With Corday Productions' executive vice president, Karl Price.

With producer Jack Herzberg.

With William Bell, long the head writer, now story editor.

With Patricia Falken Smith, the show's head writer.

With alternate producer-director, Alvin Rabin.

With assistant producer, Gail Kobe.

With regular cast members: Peter Brown, Macdonald Carey, John Clarke, Corinne Conley, Wesley Eure, Susan Flannery, Mary Frann, Joe Gallison, Bill Hayes, Edward Mallory, Frances Reid, Suzanne Rogers, Susan Seaforth and Mark Tapscott.

And with the entire Corday Productions Inc. organization with whom we look forward to another ten years of happy association. Nothing could be better than that.

"Days of Our Lives"

A Corday Productions Inc. Presentation in association with Columbia Pictures Television A division of Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc.