The View

YRBB

• Members

I gave her some flack, and she came on a bit strong, but I do actually kind of like Candace (I don't at all share some of her viewpoints). Seems like a nice person, though. The View just wasn't the right fit and it came at the wrong time in her career. I hope the View opened her mind a bit more. She definitely loosened up, some. With that said .... BYE!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Candace was just annoying and a Hasselbeck.wannabe but not Hasselback. Honestly right now the View is having its highest rated season in 3 years. i think Whoopi, Sunny, Joy, Sara and Jed are a great panel the best in yesrs. chemistry is great and smart convetsation. my question is when is Paula Faris next? she is barely ever on and not missed at all. 

• Members

God, it's scary that I actually finally agree with a post of yours. I don't agree that Candace was annoying. That's personal preference. The show wanted her to be Hasselbeck. They wanted her to clash I'm sure with Joy and Whoopi. Like Paula and Whoopi seem to have some tension between them. That's what they wanted but that's not what they got. So I think it was more of a mutual goodbye, like Raven. Michelle was doomed the second the nurse thing happened and with Joy coming back she wasn't needed.

Paula's not needed but I guess she's a familiar enough co-host now to fill in to give Sunny, Jed and others a day off when needed, but I think the panel of Whoopi, Sunny, Joy, Sara and Jed is the best we've had in a really really long time.

• Members

U know whats funny is ABC fired Hasselback after 10 years. they hired Jenny Mccarthy and when ratings slipped she said be a little more combative and she said they wanted her to be like Liz and she is not. Nicolle Wallace explained she was fired because they wanted her to be like Elizabeth. Candace was another attempt to reincarnate Liz. why the hell did they fire her if she is what they wanted? Its because on all liberal view made for low ratings aka boring tv.

• Members

Elisabeth and Joy got to the point where they needed to be separated. Elisabeth was grating and defensive. The Rosie situation didn't help her at all, either. Elisabeth was a sinking ship that they abandoned. She couldn't even last at FOX News. I can't believe that was the same sweet girl who was on Survivor in 2001. Joy and Elisabeth were both axed. Joy came back. Elisabeth won't be back. They want Elisabeth without it actually being Elisabeth. I don't miss her at all on the show. I also don't really miss Sherri. I felt the show was running on fumes with Sherri and Elisabeth.

Jenny never stood a chance which is a shame because I do like her, but it was another Michelle situation. They want "shocking" but then when the network gets any pushback they panic. That's what it seems to me.

Candace also has a long history of working with ABC. And Paula seems fairly respected at ABC News so she'll toe the company line. Michelle and Jenny are too outspoken to toe the Disney line. And they still use Jenny for New Years Eve. And Michelle seems to be hosting things on Logo so she's not hurting.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Paula's basically only on Friday's so I can deal with it too. Weird because I like her on GMA Weekends (not at first but the View has helped her loosen up tremendously, actually) but I find her sticking out like a sore thumb on the View and she gets on my nerves. I guess it comes down to she has chemistry with her co-hosts on GMA (all men except Diane Macedo, previously Sara) but not on the View.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

See KMan I thought Rosie versus Liz 2007 showdown was great tv. i was on the edge of my seat anf ratings skyrocketed. a big reason why Rosie failed second time around no Hasselback. whoppi versus Rosie was just uncomfortable to watch.

i also think this might have been mutual on Candaces and ABC part. what good is a co host that doesnt have full time availability and lives on east coast. omg Michelle was just awful a horrid fit. she tried so hard and her jokes fell flat. I dont know who was worse Michelle or Rosie Perez. Perez was horrid too she was beyond dumb. last years panel felt disjointed little chemistry.

i think Paula will be axed next and she works much better on GMA. the funny thing is why did they ever fire Nicolle for Paula.  Anyways i think View suffered when Barbara and Bill Geddie left building. the show was called the well oiled machine. They had this dude Bill Wolff from Rachel Maddow show and terrible fit. Now they have Candi Carter from Oprah Winfrey fame and show is much better. Honestly if Whoopi leaves they should try to get Meredith back if not why not bring back Star Jones. Have Joy moved up to moderator abd bring back Star. I thought Star was great on originals day and she has history.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

NICOLLE WALLACE  mention today.....

The last two days have been great, today's especially.   Whoopi and Joy were on fire today, and they speak for everyone that didn't want Herr Drumpf in charge. They've been saying it since the day he announced he was running. They call him and KAC on all their chit every day. 

This quintet works well for me. I love Sarah's flightiness, which releases the tension. I appreciate where Jedediah comes from--I don't agree with her often--but unlike other former hosts she hears out the other side, and sometimes actually changes her stance. As for Sunny--she's great.

• Members

I missed my homegirl getting a nod? LOL. I did FFwd a bit through some hot topics. I wasn't in the mood. LOL

But the last two days have been fantastic. I agree about Jed. I love how she presents her opinion. She offers a different view without being pushy. She's also clearly a free spirit and has fun. I like that about her. She can take a joke, she can take a jab. Sunny gets talked over quite a bit but I think she fits in well. Sara levels them all out with her goofiness, quirks and she's also smart, I've liked her for the longest time.

Whoopi and Joy have been spot on. People really need to listen to them.

And it sounds like they've all hung out with each other away from the table, and it shows. I really love this group. I hope and pray they don't mess with it.

Edited by KMan101