The View

YRBB

• Members

The View has always had a nasty vibe, since the first thing it got attention for was having a host many saw as brain dead. The only time they seemed to be stable was during the years people saw as boring (when Lisa Ling was there).

There's a real ignorance which they revel in on that show, and it disturbs me at times. I remember when they had some ex-gay spokesperson on there and Meredith Viera was the only one who asked questions which were remotely logical.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I love Meredith. And Lisa Ling was too good for this show.

I agree that Star handled herself well and it was Barbara and Joy who made things awkward. Sherri looked like she wanted to crawl out of her skin, and it looked like Elizabeth was getting tired of Barbara and Joy's line of questioning.

I never had any reason to dislike Barbara. Same goes for Rosie and Whoopi. The View changed all that. This show is a "warts and all" type show, not unlike Robin's Hotline. It reveals otherwise unknown aspects of these folks' personalities which in my case changed my opinions of these ladies. And I don't think that's such a bad thing. Refreshing, actually. If more stans out there saw their idols in situations like this one, perhaps they could embrace their humanity and not seem like a bunch of idiots who are ready to draw blood when someone says a disparaging word aginst Beyonce or whoever.

• Members

Well she shouldn't be. I think it's pitiful when a woman of her age and accomplishments starts swimming as fast as she can to wipe up what she determines is a potentially offensive remark to some celeb or network higher up, while she has no problem being rude and condescending to some of her guests. She really grinds my gears sometimes.

• Members

It is, and i love me some dateline.

The best one was the Pray the Gay Away episode.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fz2t_R0xF9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iiVAwOQIyuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by JackPeyton

• Members

She didn grill them and try to get them to change their ways, and thats what people wanted. I doesnt fit the format of the show tho, thats not what it is. This isnt her really even interviewing people. She follows them, asks them basic questions that just kind of put them at ease to talk about their life and view without her input or judgement. thats why it is so good.

• 3 weeks later...