YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, they had a big send-off episode planned for like a week, maybe even days, later. They were going to announce her departure on her final episode, which is kind of some bull to begin with. Starr says she was sick of being asked about the rumors, paparazzi were outside of her building and everything, and from the stuff that was being reported, she knew that there had to be a leak at ABC... sooo, she took the situation into her own hands and went all Dynasty with it and made that surprise dramatic on-air announcement. If you watch the cIip, you can hear Joy's fake ass say, "Wow, this is a shock" and Starr shoots her a quick look like, "Girl, now you know you need to stop..." I think she fully expected to stay on until her final show as planned, but the cat would just be out of the bag, like a mere week earlier. No big deal to me. They were just mad because she Beverlee McKinsey'd their asses and beat them at their own game. Them saying that they were trying to protect Starr by allowing her to say whatever she wanted about her firing was some MORE bullsh!t. They were protecting themselves. They didn't want to look like the villains who fired the {formerly} big black girl, regardless of her Q rating.

• Members

Well from what I remember, she made that dramatic announcement early because later on that same today, she went on a talk show (CNN? Don't remember) and put those ladies on BLAST! And suffice it to say, she was not welcome back the next day at The View. Or maybe she just didn't show up.

• Members

I don't remember the exact details but I don't think it was possible the network to be the badguys with the Star Jones thing. I forget exactly what was going on, but she was garnering headlines on the gossip pages for quite a while because of the shameless way she used the show to make a buck off her wedding, and then I think she got into a bit of controversy when she lied on the air about how she lost weight. I think ABC decided she was too controversial and then she quit and blasted them all in interviews And I could swear there is something about Barbara Walters having an affair with a politician that was somehow connected to this, perhaps Jones commented on it. She could be black, white, or polka dotted, she was still the wrong kind of celebrity who was famous for all the wrong reasons. She was like Kathie Lee Gifford II, thriving on controversy and using the TV show as her own little playground.

• Members

This is true, she certainly did not help her own image and maybe she really was an insufferable bitch which explains Joy's change in attitude towards her. But I still think Barbara goes out of her way to look as innocent as possible in any given situation. She goes out of her way to do damage control on the smallest of things.

In her book, Barbara did admit to having an affair with a married, black politician back in the day. Starr made a comment about it being sad that a person of BW's achievements would risk hurting the man's wife and family just to sell books.

• Members

Honestly, that time was very rough for The View and very toxic behind the scenes. Star was fired due to personal problems with Barbara. Yes Star got flack from people for using sponsers to pay for and promote her wedding on The View, but guess what? The View was a huge flop in the ratings for YEARS until STAR became a celebrity. Of course with that type of celebrity you're going to have detractors and for good reasons.

You also need to keep in mind that The View benefited heavily from the Star Jones wedding. Before Rosie arrived those episodes were the highest rated in View history and she also consistantly kept those ratings up. When Bawa fired her for personal reasons she wanted Star to lie and she simply chose her own way out. I don't think there was anything negative about it, but it's something she knew would piss Barbara off. Since then Barbara has been seething with anger and the way she handled the interview was absolutely terrible and so unprofessional.

• Members

Barbara's a nasty old bitch who probably regrets cheapening her brand by slinging mud in daytime on The View...imagine if she'd never been on camera on the The View and had just been a producer, exclusively working with ABC News, doing her specials...not one of us could say anything about Barbara aside from how good she is at getting top drawer interviews and what a lifetime of class she has lived.

The View exposed all of Barbara's hideous bullshit. Every last shady inch of it.

Star is a lot of things, but what she isn't is shady. She's bold with her crap, bold with her edge. Ultimately, people respect that.

• Members

Wendy Williams described the interview as classy cattiness and IA. It was pretty awkward to say the least and Starr seemed phony kissing Babs' ass. I wasnt completly buying it.

I used to love Barbara until all that stuff with Starr went down. Since then, Ive seen the ugly side of her and cant look at her the same

Edited by Cheap21