Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm pretty sure that Y&R's entire library is intact but they started in 1973 so Bill Bell definitely had the benefit of seeing the folly of 'wiping' at other soaps.

I would guess that any soap that began by the mid '70s would have their entire library of episodes properly archived.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The long-running shows that have all (or most) of episodes saved: The Doctors, Dark Shadows, Days of Our Lives, The Young and the Restless, Ryan's Hope, and The Bold and the Beautiful. I imagine that more recent offerings like Passions, Santa Barbara, and Sunset Beach would as well. Most long-running series like As the World Turns, The Guiding Light, Another World, etc., only starting preserving their episodes in the late 1970s.

Sadly for veteran soap viewers, this means that the best decades of many soaps (1950s-70s) are lost forever.

• Members

Does anyone know the final time we saw the Hughes living room in whole or part? i seem to remember seeing it in 1999 as part of the molly/chris story, but cannot pinpoint the exact episode on youtube.

i know that we frequently saw the hughes kitchen up until late 2006 when idiot Chris Goutman destroyed it and made it part of the Oakdale Now set. This was extraordinarily unforgivable.

• Members

Mr. Goutman is synonymous with the word destruction, isn't he? There were so many simple, but poignant scenes in the Hughes kitchen over the years. Nancy knew how to make a mean sandwich

Please register in order to view this content

A number of sets were dismantled late 2006/early 2007.

• Members

Just a word of caution-- please beware of troll's masquerading as well-intentioned posters asking innocent-looking questions.  

Some of these questions and answers have already been discussed at length.  Of course, the trolls already know this- they are just trying to engage unsuspecting and relatively new posters, so they can get a foothold in the thread and start occupying it with nonsense.

A good clue for relatively recent posters (i.e. those who aren't using an alias because they've already been put on ignore by other board members) is to look at the avatars. If the avatar looks like it was done by an unstable person, it's usually because it represents an unstable person.

It would be a shame if unstable persons start occupying this thread the way they already occupy other threads (*coughs* GH).  We have really good, intelligent discussions in this thread and I really don't wish to see these discussions veer toward the absurd like some of other threads on this board.

Just an FYI.