Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Looking at Agim's Twitter feed, led me to Scott Bryce's feed.

Please register in order to view this content

Bryce mentioned that Steamboat's international distribution rights expired. I only heard about this soap parody as it was being yanked off You Tube (I guess I know why now) but the two webisodes I saw seemed pretty funny. Maybe I'll try to watch the rest.

Is anyone watching the The Good Fight?  When reading about the series some time ago, I noticed that Bryce seems to be a recurring character on it.  I heard it's good but I don't subscribe to CBS All Access.  

• Members

I watched bits and pieces of the first episode. I need to check it out again with Bryce in it. As for Agim....he was just an average actor but better than what's out there now. I have to say his pairing with Peyton List was horrendous. It bought the worst in both of them. I never understood why they didn't pair him with Allyson Stewart. Then Peyton went from Agim to Grayson....I thought they had better chemistry but Peyton was such an awful actress.

• Members

I only got a chance to watch the pilot as well which moved a bit slowly, at times.  Most pilot episodes tend to be somewhat clunky, IMO.

CBS is so conservative that they save their more risqué shows for online. I'm not even talking about HBO-type risqué, I'm talking about Scandal or ABC Thursday night lineup is what counts as risqué for CBS these days.

• Members

ATWT failed creating teen/young adults for the last fifteen years. Nikki, Dani, Chris, Katie, Allison, Lucy, Bryant, Jen, et al....and those are legacy children. There were horrific ones like Celia the orange crate girl, that stupid nephew of Katie's that popped Jen's cherry, and others I've mercifully forgotten. Allison and Aaron, FCOL, sprung from the loins of two of ATWT's hot messes were drippy, dull and BORING. And even those that had some kind of edge (like Will or Gwen) quickly lost it and got stuck in endless, adult type stories.

*shakes head*

• Members

Billy, Katie/Craig/Margo's nephew, wasn't bad. I actually thought his affair with Jen was good. Just killing off Bryant was stupid. Putting him a coma would've been a better result than getting rid of him. Plus, I hate how we had to lose Todd Rotondi's sexy ass in the process. 

I think the primary issue with ATWT's younger set was that none of them had ambitions. Most of them were like ships w/o rudders. They just wandered about endlessly with no purpose. The only time they'd get stories were if it consisted of them getting pregnant or wanting kids. 

It would've been so much more interesting to see the younger set have stories that young characters ought to be involved in--sex, scandal, and finding themselves. 

• Members

Good idea about Block as Craig...I was never interested in the Montgomery family besides Margo, and after Dolan was cast I couldn't care less about her.  Rick would have been a good antagonist within the Hughes family, much as Babs was, and really what Sabrina should have been. Bob, the patriarch of Oakdale, ironically was in Rick's eyes a "failed father" etc.

Bryce was a better actor but sometimes that does not count..Craig, I felt was always a wimpy character..when he was evil it was all about Betsy, when he was good it was all about Sierra (God I hated them) Iva (really Craig...dull, plain Iva???) and I lost count of who else he was quivering his puckered lips over and having tears well in his eyes.  That is why Block never worked as Craig..he was so  dismissive of women..I felt a good storyline was for him to be gay or bi..and Craig was nothing if not obsessed with the latest woman in his life. But I think I am the wrong audience..maybe women love the weak sensitive bad boy?