Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

personally, I always liked ATWT's (&GL's) sets better than Y&R's. Y&R's sets always reminded me of a museum---no one looked like they were allowed to touch anything. The P&G sets looked like they were lived in.

Can you imagine if Marland were writing now? He'd love the freedom to write a true gay couple. Re: Luke/Noah and viewership---there was a lot of discussion at the time about whether or not a significant portion of Luke/Noah fans were watching the show or simply catching clips online and then acting as if they were the show. I mean, you can only have so many discussions about Van Hansis being an acting God before you want to gouge out your eyes and bitchslap an entire fandom.

• Members

@P.J. Another World had some stellar sets too. I think it was just all the P&G soaps had that homey feel to their sets like you said. You all looked like they had been lived in or could be. 

Ugh! I so miss the Cory, Bauer, and Hughes living rooms. All of them exuded a sort of comfort that is missing from the remaining 4 soaps. Yes, we have the Horton's living room set on DOOL, but it was soiled once Abigail or Ciara (or whoever it was) was raped on the floor there. 

Procter and Gamble would neva! 

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I could accept the shoot-out even though it was sacrilegious.  

But watching Alice and Tom's great-granddaughter be raped on their living room floor? Just no...

Might've been before. I'm not sure. The person didn't post the date the credits aired on the video. If it is anytime in late '99, I'd assume it was after they moved.

• Members

I think they moved in early '00. IIRC, they moved during Maura's maternity leave, and she had a little trouble finding her way around the new studio at first.

Those credits are from spring of '99. Lorraine Broderick is HW (her stuff last aired in August of that year with the Parker paternity reveal). Carly is credited as Carly Dixon, and she divorced him and married Brad in May. (She first makes love with Jack in late July of '99. Giggle at my Carjack-centric memory quietly...please. :D)

I can't recall a "defilement" of a special ATWT set. They did give Emma a new refrigerator once. At some point, they quietly traded it back.

• Members

Didnt the hughes set stop being shown once the show moved studios?  I know the kitchen was shown for awhile...but I missed the living room/entry way.

Of all the sets to aurvive to the end...the Snyder set was an eye sore and should have been trashed.

• Members

Why was Lucinda hugging on James after all he did to her???

Well, they did "kill" Alice in her kitchen by chocking her to death with a donut and then everyone stood around while poor Reid had to sit in a chair and act dead (and not start giggling with the bad dialogue...) all the while Doug's "corpse" was in a casket in the living room (or and the whole thing was played for laughs as Hattie got the last of her donuts and sold them on Ebay..) so I think that set was despoiled long ago and not even the combined forces of Rauch/MADD/Sheffer and Goutman would ever do that to Nancy Hughes or Bert Bauer.

And for his next onscreen love interest Evans is a chubby chaser so he is all mine...(well at least Gaston is and he has always need a good.....to set him right.)

• Members

I believe that episode with Margo had a warning for the audience before it was shown.

I think Felicia M. Behr was EP at the time. I don't actually recall why but Elizabeth Hubbard said she hated the story with James because of the way Lucinda was treating him. She would not be all lovely dovey with him. It reminds me of the Jill and Cain story now on Y&R. Shortly after FMB fired Hubbard and she left the show for some time until FMB was fired and Goutman was brought in. Goutman got Liz to return as Lucinda as he promised her the whole James story would be forgotten for good.

I couldn't find part 1 but here is part 2 of Margo's story....

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

This was when they were a romantic couple, complete with the retcon that they were lovers and had had a child together (David Allen was thought to be their son but they later learned there was a mixup and their son had died at childbirth, as Lucinda had originally believed). Of course in the episodes Lucinda and James didn't know each other, but that was ignored. Hubbard, as @Soapsuds mentioned, was not happy with this. I think she felt disrespected by FMB, period, as FMB didn't care for her ad-libbing and suggestions. I think Hubbard mentioned a comment FMB made to her that she didn't care for. I think it may have been something like jokingly saying her suggestions were "Liz unleashed" or something like that. She quit, and FMB chose to have her leave by having a beam fall on her head and she was left paralyzed and mute after a stroke. 

Several months later, FMB was gone, and Hubbard returned. Goutman never really did that right by her either, onscreen (other than the last year, which I personally felt like was the closest to Marland's Lucinda that the show had gotten since the mid-90s), but she never quit or made a real fuss in the press, so I guess FMB must have truly chapped her hide to get that level of reaction.

Edited by DRW50