Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, that's the  flush opening. At the time they said that the "flush opening" was too expensive to maintain and thus they got rid of it and went to a cheap bottom of the barrel opening. I thought the opening minus the flush added some punch to the show.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Not true, Mitch. The videos of the scattering of Alan's ashes and Lewis boys fishing are available online. Definitely different locations. The Lewises were shown fishing in a brook (likely filmed in Peapack). Alan's ashes were scattered from a beach along a lake (likely Lake Mohawk in Sparta, NJ, which was the filming location for the double weddings). Brooks like the one Guiding Light used are quite common in that area of New Jersey (my late aunt lived right next to one) and are quite popular for fishing.

• Members

I remember hearing rumblings that there was second version already filmed but I guess it never came out. Honestly, I think the show probably just filmed one opening with the characters they loved to write for (with the exception of Bob, Kim, Lucinda) and center the show around 24/7 at that time. 

• Members

JMO but to me, the theme songs appeared to get progressively worse :unsure:.

If they (the producers and execs) knew that ATWT was coming to an end, it might have been a nice nod to history if they could've done a modern variation of the very first theme the show had.  

If you replace the organs and put in a piano or a guitar, or even sped up the timing of the notes, the first theme could've lent itself surprisingly well to an updated version, in keeping with the 21st century but since I'm reading from comments that the show was cash strapped and couldn't even afford to update the previous openings, I guess they wouldn't have put the time nor the effort into anything requiring more thought or creativity.

As a young child, I heard the 1980s theme and I have love for that theme but the first time I heard the original theme (this was after cancellation of the show), I got very misty and began to wish they had acknowledged it in some way before the show went off the air permanently.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Even though this theme was before my time, the first time I actually heard it, I thought it was such a beautiful theme song.  I wished they would've used it or even an updated variation of it in the last few years of the show, even once, maybe for an Anniversary show or something.