• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not at all.

She should have been a new character, if she needed to be anyone. 

Broderick wasn't around for any of that - she wasn't hired until the end of 1997. I didn't really care much for her ATWT either but I know many say that her hands were tied.

• Members

Ah that's right I had forgotten. I had thought at the time that with FMB as EP they didn't need a HW….she would be able to steer the stories in the right direction. Unfortunately, neither her vision nor Lorraine's which was boring as hell helped ATWT.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

HELL NO, that walking atrocity wouldn't have worked as Ellie or Meg. Susan Batten didn't do five SECONDS worth of research to figure out who her character was. She played a reserved, intelligent business woman like a bad hillbilly knock off of Elly Mae Clampett.  (And seriously, I'm not knocking Donna Douglas, TBH, or actors with southern accents) But to be that CLUELESS, regardless of your friendship with management, tells me she didn't GAS about anything other than a paycheck. I'll admit ATWT wasn't perfect, but at least they tried to cast roles appropriately. This was the equivalent of recasting Lucinda with some trashy, washed up hair model.

AR-T wasn't Meryl Streep. But she deserved better than what she got, and the recast ruined the character of Connor.

• Members

LOL..I remember watching that day...and thinking, who is that new character dusting the blinds...is she a maid?  If the TPTB couldn't have been more obvious that this is a different character with the same name and she has been changed to Batten's "style." And really, I never liked Connor or the actress that much to big with but it was weird. Wasnt she messing around with the big blond muscle guy with the gay haircut then? ATWT was so weird then I can't remember.