Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Neither did I, still can't believe how far Case has come an actress from those days of mousy Linc-killing Debbie. Rosanna was god awful but from when I see of Perry's Rosanna from rewatching late '90s clips she worked far much better as a devious, scheming villainess who was in reality worse than Carly by '99 than Lily 2.0 and innocent gambling addict they turned her into. Hence why McClain's version worked so much better. 

• Members

I just hate the "take off your glasses and it's sexy time" trope, and she was so cloying. I really wasn't expecting to enjoy her as much as I did as Sharon. 

Perry did seem more fun in the bitchy role. I also thought she and Maura always worked well together. She just had no chemistry with her leading men.

When Austin Peck came in as Brad, did they ever acknowledge his past with Rosanna?

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Nope it was never mentioned or brought up as far I remembered.  By the time Rosanna woke up from her coma she was mainly involved with the whole disaster of Paul, Craig, and Meg while Carly was stuck between dying and not dying while trying to drive a wedge between Jack and Katie(what a horrendous relationship plot that was!). 

Reminded me of back in 2004 when they brought back Pilar Domingo for no reason and Mike showed Lily a picture of her when she went missing and Lily, her one-time unfortunate sister-in-law was like "Oh Pilar is back in town?" without any question or reference to previous story. 

• Members

@DRW50 I don't think CM's Rosanna and AP's Brad did. I don't think they even interacted TBH. I think it would've been nice if this was addressed with Parker.

What sucked about ATWT in the last 5 years on air is that people were so isolated and sectioned off in certain groups, people that had previous history rarely interacted. 

• Members

Like meek and mild Vicki Harper ordering Carolyn Crawford's murder, I think the idea of Debbie Simon and Ned Simon being happy go lucky but become emotionally adrift was supposed to be surprising yet it was bad That being said, the entire Evan/Rosanna/Hutch/Debbie thing was awful. At least Rosanna vs. Edwina was funny. 

• Members

I don't think they ever dug deep in Brad's previous history. I think Carly and him had one spat and it was dropped. The next second, he was sniffing after Katie. I feel like after his part in Parker's paternity secret, he should've gotten heat from Margo (who loved Hal) when he was pursuing Katie. I don't even think she brought it up. I think if she did have any issue with Brad, which I can't remember, it had nothing to do with Parker's paternity. It was more of Jack playing interloper. 

I hate how they brought Dani back on and had her screwing Craig, which was gross. Yeah, I didn't wasn't around when Craig/Betsy/Steve took place but I heard the stories and read up on the history to know that Craig would've NEVER done that. He thought of her as his daughter for the longest and still had a connection to her afterwards. So icky for them not to acknowledge that. Also, did she even interact with Kim upon her return? I think they totally ignored that whole aspect and just referred to her as 'Emily's cousin,' which was wrong as she was Emily's niece. Plus, they totally never addressed her history on the show in the 90s.

• Members

I still don't get why they were there for so long. Did PGP not give a damn?

Speaking of McClain's Rosanna, I loved her 2002-05 original stint, but when she came back for those visits while alternating with All My Children, to me it seemed like Rosanna was being written so reminiscent of Dixie Cooney, especially her 2009 stint.

Edited by cassadine1991

• Members

P&G stop caring for their shows since the 90s, so they never cared to change regimes. They wanted to kill their shows off. 

With CM, I never got the impression that Rosanna was being written as Dixie. However, I did not like them making Rosanna poor and having her work in some damn countryside co-op farm outside of Peapack or whatever. Alexander Cabot was f-cking loaded. Ain't no way Rosanna's entire fortune was squandered like that. Most people would at least have some money tossed aside. I just thought it was so stupid how they came to write Rosanna. Much like Meg and Emily, Rosanna only became obsessed about Paul and producing babies. I missed the days when she was a scheming minx that was out to make Carly or anyone miserable. 

• Members

ATWT was ranking #2 regularly in the ratings behind Y&R in 92. Even during the 93-94 year ATWT ranked in the top 5 of soaps. P&G stop caring after Marland passed away. The writers still had the outlines for the next year but the stories were so boring and stale….they didn't have Marland vibe to them.

Edited by Soapsuds