Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had been thinking about Lisa's leading men earlier this week, but I had omitted Dick Martin (Ed Kemmer). Here are the ones that I can remember:

Bob Hughes (Ronnie Welch, Don Hastings)

Bruce Elliott (James Pritchett)

Donald Hughes (Peter Brandon)

John Eldridege (Nicolas Coster)

Dick Martin (Ed Kemmer)

Simon Gilby (Jerry Lacy)

Rev. Wally Matthews (Charles Siebert)

Dr. Michael Shea (Jay Lannin, Roy Shumann)

Grant Coleman (Konrad Mathai, James Douglas)

• Members

Paul O'Keefe played Ross on The Patty Duke Show in between his two roles on As the World Turns. He was later on either The Edge of Night or One Life to Live (or both) in a day role and on NBC's Hot Hero Sandwich (a Saturday morning children's television show).

Both he and Patty Duke had come from soap operas. She had been on The Brighter Day and Kitty Foyle.

Many of the young actresses who played her friends were later on soap operas: Alberta Grant (The Edge of Night), Kelly Wood (Search for Tomorrow, As the World Turns), Robyn Millan (Where the Heart Is, Ryan's Hope), Pamela Toll (The Doctors, Somerset), Gaye Houston (Another World), Renee Jarrett (Woman with a Past, The Edge of Night, and Someset), and Marcia Strassman (All My Children - although I suspect that she appeared on the show after the production had moved to California).

Other soap opera/serial stars who appeared on the show include Joey Trent, Don Scardino, Scott Glenn, sibligs Donie and Susan Melvin, Alan Manson, Natalie Ross, Natalie Masters, Frances Heflin, Lois Holmes, Margaret Hamilton, K. C. Ligon (daughter of Ryan's Hope David Clarke and future wife of Tom Ligon), Bonnie Bartlett, K. T. Stevens, Patricia Bosworth, Dana Elcar, Jerry Strickler, Sorell Brooke, Peter Turgeon, Charles White, Frances Chaney, Joe Silver, Pat Englund, George Gaynes, Jean Stapleton, Jane Hoffman, Leslie Barrett, Stanley Grover, Matt Crawley, and Ralph Bell.

The show was produced by both Robert Colbert (Dark Shadows, Strange Paradise, The Secret Storm, Ryan' Hope, Another World, The Doctors) and Stanley Prager (husband of Georgann Johnson of Somerset and As the World Turns). Mr. Prager also directed many episodes.

Edited by danfling

• Members

Wow thanks for all the research you put into that. Warner Brother star of the 50's/60's Troy Donahue also appeared on the Patty Duke show and later appeared on Secret Storm.

Renee Jarrett had a short lived early 70's series called "Nancy" where she played the presidents daughter. Eddie Applegate who played Patty's boyfriend on her sitcom was a co-star of that. They said pressure from the Nixon administration put a end to the series.

• Members

These are the ones that I REMEMBERED.

I was not watching the show when this character was introduced. However, I think that the writers should have created a rivalry for his attentions between Ellen and Lisa.

Slick, I do not remember that Neil Wade and Lisa were ever attracted to one another, but my memory may be bad.

• Members

My bad, I was thinking of Penny(Neil Wade)...

Also, the last husband Martin Chedwyn (Simon Preble) the stinker.

Does anyone remember any others. I always wanted Lisa to meet a mysterious stranger( played by Nicholas Coster) or Grant Colman (James Douglas) in the last few weeks of the show so she could get a happily ever after ....