• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
  • Members
  • Members

I tend to doubt that York will be in those episodes as they are from seven years earlier, in 1947. The episode description of the radio shows concerns the return of Rosemary's husband Bill from war with amnesia. It is too bad because what a wonderful cast they have in 1954. In addition to York, Edge of Night vets Mandel Kramer (Bill Marceau) and Virginia Kaye (Rose Pollock) appear. And the fabulous character actress Barbara Baxley, best remembered to me as the villainous Margaret Jardin from Where the Heart Is.

• Members
  • Members

Barbara Becker looks so very different in these photos than she did on Road of Life. She played the bitch so well. It is nice to see her smiling and looking glamorous. I wish that I had episodes of her on Guiding Light. I remember my mother being impressed with her performances on GL playing Doris Crandall. Thanks for this.

• Members

It was good to see Mandel Kramer. He was later on The Guiding Light and The Edge of Night (until retirement).

I had not known that Amzie Strickland had appeared on a radio serial. I know that she was on the television serial Full Circle.

Fran Carlon was on As the World Turns as Julia Burke (mother of Susan) and even later on the primetime serialized drama The Hamptons.

It was also good to see William Johnstone in a pre-As the World Turns role (He played Judge James Lowell for many years.). He also played the title role on radio's The Shadow. Does anyone know if he was married?

• Members

If anyone wanted to read the rest of that Barbara Beckel interview, I added the last page. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the extra details, everyone. I've seen a few other bits on Johnstone, can't remember if they mention his personal life.