Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bright Eyes

Radio Soap Opera Discussion

243 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, vetsoapfan said:

One Man's Family was amazing!

Hmmmm. Alright - I'll have to give that one a go once I finish Hearts In Harmony (or give up on Aunt Mary)

6 hours ago, slick jones said:

I have casts for both the Radio and television  (OMF) versions. It will take some time to track down, but I'll put them both up this week.

Thanks!

On 7/17/2017 at 10:01 PM, adrnyc said:

I have been listening to a radio soap for almost a year now - Hearts In Harmony - and I absolutely love it. I'm just over half way through the episodes that exist. 

Does anyone know where I can find any info on HIH? I've done an internet search and can't really find anything. I'm fascinated to know more about the serial. When I first started listening, the characters would sing a song at the piano every other episode and then one day I realized it hadn't happened for several weeks - and it never happened again. Why did they change the format? How many years did the show run? Questions, questions, questions.

I've also started listening to Aunt Mary but I don't enjoy it nearly as much. I'm having a very hard time becoming involved in the story. 

Anyway, should anyone have a tip on how to find more info, I'd appreciate the help!

We Love Soaps has just posted a summary of the July  17th ep of HIH

1946: On syndicated radio soap opera Hearts in Harmony, Steve Parker and his fiancee Penny took a drive through the countryside around Rossville just a few days before their wedding.  Meanwhile, Jed told Johnny the FBI may be investigating Parker Industries. Hearts in Harmony premiered in 1941, and was sponsored by the Kroger grocery store chain.

1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

We Love Soaps has just posted a summary of the July  17th ep of HIH

1946: On syndicated radio soap opera Hearts in Harmony, Steve Parker and his fiancee Penny took a drive through the countryside around Rossville just a few days before their wedding.  Meanwhile, Jed told Johnny the FBI may be investigating Parker Industries. Hearts in Harmony premiered in 1941, and was sponsored by the Kroger grocery store chain.

Thanks! I actually saw that last year when they posted it - it's what originally caused me to search for HiH. I can't believe I've been listening to it for a year - I listen every morning while I walk the dogs. :)