Falcon Crest

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Except for Doris Day, any actress from the "golden era" of Hollywood could have made "Angela Channing" her own. Mostly because, the majority of actresses from that period were used to working in high-gloss, emotionally wrought melodramas. (Don't get me wrong, though, Jane Wyman was literally the only thing that kept me interested at all in FC. Well, her and Ana-Alicia.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Stanwyck was originally the one they wanted in the part of Angela - if you watch the original pilot episode it's clear they adjusted the role later to fit Jane Wyman more; in the pilot Angela has gray hair and is interested in horses (which supposedly was written into the character of Angela at that point due to Stanwyck's own interest in horses).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Finished watching the first season and I liked it. Angela Channing was hardcore and didn't give a care, which is what I liked about the character. Emma was probably my second favorite character after Angela. When she was dancing by herself outside the window when Chase was throwing a party, I was rolling. I also got a laugh out of her saying things to push Angela's buttons, like "how's tricks?"