ALL: Temporary Replacements

• Members

Yes, in '98, and there was some weird hubbub, it looked like a temp for all intents and purposes but then stuff started to seep out that this was actually a permanent recast as Torpey's contract negotiations weren't going smoothly (the implication that she was holding out and the show went forward without her). Who knows what was real or fan fabrication, but it was one of those *moments* in the "the Internet is still relatively new" age of soap fandom.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Soap Opera Encyclopedia has June Carter as Secret Storm's Amy Ames in 1960. If only that was THE June Carter. :lol:

This woman wasn't an actress, but From These Roots associate director Barbara Searles had to immediately replace Julie Bovaso when Julie walked 15 minutes before an episode was about to air (she disagreed with director Paul Lammers about the meaning of a scene and some line interpretations).

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Schemering has Susan Keith as Samantha Vernon in 1979. Was she a temp or a failed recast? I think I remember Julie Montgomery (listed as 76-81) saying she left and then came back because the recast didn't work out? Was that this situation?

Julie or Barbara? :lol:

Apparently Julie was later in Saturday Night Fever. I wonder if she traded war stories with Karen Gorney and Lisa Peluso.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I'm not sure if this counts but for Dark Shadows, Peter Turgeon, the last Dr. Dave Woodard, replaced Robert Gerringer, who refused to cross a picket line. Grayson Hall had convinced most of the others to do so.

The last weeks of Dave Woodard had some of my favorite DS lines.

Dave: I saw your sister Sarah today. <Barnabas makes a WTF face>

(after Julia kills Dave)

Barnabas: Julia, you have no friends...

• Members

Beverly Garland as Kathrine? Can't even imagine it, mainly because I've never been too fond of any of Garland's work.

I wonder when if the dreadful Wesley Ann Pfenning subbed for Bauer on Y&R before or after her short stint as an Alice recast on AW. Kent Masters King is a nice person, but Dru's 2000 return was ruined because of that and they wrote Dru out again.

The second time Mantooth took over from Hendrickson on ATWT it was supposed to be permanent until Hendrickson decided to unretire and came back in '05.

• Members

Were these temp recasts for DAYS' oft-recast Mary Anderson?

Nancy Stephens 1975

Carla Borelli 1975

Susan Keller 1980

The first two were between Karin Wolfe and Barbara Stranger and Susan was when Stranger was still in the role.

• Members

Wait, so Susan Keith (she is only Shana and JK's wife in my mind) was the original Cecile? Or was she between two stints of the other actress?

Yeah, I have a hard time imagining KMK as Dru, she is a Layla.

• Members

Susan was the first Cecile. She was there when Cecile was the innocent who had her heart broken by some guy Iris paid to keep Cecile away from Dennis, then when Cecile got dark and snagged Jamie Frame and got him hooked on pills and made a play for Mac. I think Nancy was brought in by the time of the Sandy/Cecile stuff. I can't remember if Susan wanted to leave or if they fired her.