ALL: Temporary Replacements

• Members

I remember when Roya filled in for Lisa. It was about 3 months,March-May 1990(Lisa replaced Roya in October,1988). Never heard the reason why she left for 3 months. Roya came in and seemed to pick up right where she left off and played Ava like she did before,IMO. Randy Mantooth had already left by this point and Robert Dubac had taken over as Alex. One day it was Roya and I remember the next day(around late May)Lisa was back as Ava.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Betty Runnel. I could make out Betty, then I cross referenced. I couldn't find anything else about her online, not even an IMDb/IBDB/ITDB entry, maybe she worked under another name, was solidly off-off-Broadway, or even some crew member's aunt. :lol:

• Members

Her RH episodes from 9/81 might be on Soapnet before too long, I guess we can check.

Thanks, both of you. I could not make out her name, well, aside from Betty. I thought it was Betty Powell or Betty Lowell or Betty Rowell, I don't know. It's just so strange seeing this random woman as Nancy. I kept remembering something about this to put in this thread but couldn't remember who the character was and then suddenly I did.

For a while I thought she was one of the Clara Hudsons but obviously not.

So did she only take over for Helen Wagner for a few days?

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

WOW - never knew that.

Funny thing is, a recast could have actually worked since the show was sooooo Brooke-centric back in 1997.

That said, Ferguson was ok as Brooke (they reduced Brooke'S screentime and it lasted only three months or so) but she seemed rather insecure as a mother to Rick and Bridget. As if Sandra Ferguson were firghtened of the child actors. LOL

• Members

Here's Jason Kincaid, the Tom between Justin Deas and Gregg Marx, in this clip with Maggie Crawford, Lyla's sister/Margo's aunt. Apparently he only lasted from August to December 1984. Was he just a fill in or was he meant to last but viewers didn't take to him or the show didn't? It's hard to go only on one episode but I have to admit he's kind of underwhelming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VtWwhKitM0&feature=related

• Members

No Jason Kincaid was not a Temp, he was a recast that tanked.

Help me out, but I remember Kelli Maroney of Ryans Hope and Marsha Clark of Guiding Light temping for AE or KW as Tina on OLTL

And didnt Chris Beetem just Temp for Tyler Christopher last year?

• Members

OLTL brought Tina back in August,1984 with Kelli Maroney in the role(Andrea Evans was either still on Y&R at the time or not interested in returning). After about 4 months,Kelli left and rumor has it that she asked to be let out of her contract due to problems with Paul Rauch. Marsha Clark was brought in sometime around November/December 1984 as a temporary replacement until they found a permanent new Tina. She filled in until Jan/Feb 1985,when Andrea Evans reclaimed the role.