ALL: Temporary Replacements

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ditto, I thought they were going to change mid-scene and I grinned when Roya popped up in that very Roya-Ava outfit. I remember her coming back but I don't recall what was going on with Lisa at the time, I'm sure my mother mentioned it from one of her SODs.

If I ever have a daughter, Roya and Ava would be in strong consideration.

BTW, I noticed this is a French dub. My French isn't great but with the (imperfect) closed captioning on, I can sort of follow along better than I can in Italian.

• Members

I'm not sure, but there's a good deal of Beverlee in the Barbados s/l on YouTube. I don't know how long that s/l lasted once Alex got involved. From what I've seen, it seems to have started and wrapped up rather quickly in terms of her facing Brandon and all of the truth coming out about Victoria, Penelope, and Conrad.

• Members

I skimmed through 3-4 episodes and only saw Bev, but I don't know.

Sorry if I unintentionally misled with the Ava clip.

I think juniorz1, when they used to post here, just said Lisa took a break because of overwork or what have you.

Didn't she go to rehab at one point in these years or was that later on? Or am I mixing her up with someone else?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I still keep wondering if we're going to see any unannounced temps for The Doctors. The one that we've seen we knew would happen (the temp Maggie). It's a little unusual when there aren't more over several years of a show (although I think Dark Shadows may have also only had one, so maybe actors just powered through more easily in the half hour format). In some cases, like poor barely-able-to-speak Laryssa Lauret in some of the December 1968 episodes, they probably should have used a temp...

• Members

Days rarely ever does a temp fill in- in fact the only times I can even think if a temp actor in days history is last year when Aiden's son connor was replaced for a few episodes and maybe Mimi back in 1999.. Can anyone else think of any other Days related ones?

Passions on the other hand had temp recasts all the time! I think that every major character had at least one temp actor at some point during the shows run!

• Members

There are some posted here and there in the thread - there was a Kayla recast when MBE was having pregnancy difficulties (apparently some fans called her "Artificial Sweetness"), and Anne Howard filled in for Patsy Pease during some of her problems. And they nearly temp recasted Chloe in 2010 with Alicia Leigh Willis - she even filmed scenes that weren't aired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

"Artificial Sweetness" - that's too funny...and clever!! Speaking of MBE, wasn't one of her pregnancies written into the show (Kayla having Stephanie)?

With the exception of the character of Maggie, I haven't seen any other major character on the reruns of The Doctors have a temp recast as yet (someone did step in as Liz when Pam Toll was filming a movie, but that was before December 1967 which is where Retro TV started airing). If an actor has to be off for some reason, usually the character is sent out of town.

• Members

This is one that I don't remember seeing in the magazines I've read of that time, so that makes me hopeful we may get more. It would be ironic if Liz, who wasn't on the show anywhere near as long as the longtime characters, turns out to be the only one with two temp recasts.

I thought Maureen did decently enough, even if she lacked a little of Pamela's bite.

• Members

I haven't seen the reruns from today yet, so I don't know if Pam is back or if MM kept filling in for awhile. The only other character we had seen temped since Retro began airing the reruns was Maggie - first when Kathleen Murray was in a couple of episodes due to Bethel Leslie being out with the measles, and the second when Bethel left (supposedly temporarily) to play Sean Connery's wife in The Molly Maguires, and Lydia Bruce was supposed to fill in for 8 weeks. Of course, as we all know, Bethel stayed out west and Lydia's 8-week run turned into nearly 15 years.