ALL: Temporary Replacements

• Members

Yeah, I don't want to unfairly judge but I can imagine Constance Ford rolling her eyes at this chick. This was Robin's first foray into being recast with a lookalike by Rauch. Would still like to see her Rachel in action though I know that'll ptobably never happen.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was pretty much a revisit to the Neil/Dru/Malcolm/Olivia quad. After Malcolm found out Callie was married to Trey he went off to Paris and ran into Dru and convinced her to come back to Genoa City with him. Dru wanted to rekindle things with Neil, but then Olivia became deathly ill and Neil stayed by her beside day and night and professed his love for Olivia. Dru started dating Malcolm, and about this time is when King took over. She pretty much had zero chemistry with KSJ, Moore, and Willimas, and then the story was suddenly dropped and Dru was written out with some really flimsy excuse of not being able to hack it or something.

• Members

Fabiani also had a one-day role on Dark Shadows. He played Paul Stoddard in the flashback scenes where Liz, played by Joan Bennett, remembers "killing" Paul. Of course, she didn't really kill him, and the character would appear very much alive a few years later, played by Dennis Patrick.

• Members

My favorite temp recast was a couple years ago when Robert Montano took over for Kamar DL Reyes on OLTL. Montano was older and not as good looking as Reyes, but he was a very talented actor who did a much better job acting-wise as Antonio.

• Members

I didn't realize that Barr had quit. I was only a kid at the time, so I didn't know the exact circumstances of her leaving. In interviews with Barr and with Richard Shoberg, whenever the subject of Barr's "leave of absence" would come up, the inferrence was that she left with the intention of coming back. Maybe that was revisionist history on the part of Barr and Shoberg.

• Members

I think Walker was the only Carolyn replacement. I can't recall any others. Walker's appearance was jarring, since she had to pick up the same scene from the previous day's cliffhanger that Barrett had played. Louis Edmonds did a voiceover during the opening, letting the viewers know that Walker would be playing Carolyn for the day. He referred to her as "Miss Diana Walker" and mispronounced "Carolyn" as "Caroline."

Also on Shadows, they must've had at least four actors playing Sheriff Patterson at any given time. It wasn't a contract role, so I guess whoever they could get to appear was based solely on availability. Vince O'Brien and Dana Elcar were the two most memorable. I think they went back and forth with the role, until O'Brien took over for good.

• Members

Sure but probably not on YouTube.

Kent King wasn't too memorable and truly was a "temp": therefore she never stepped in as Dru. She played her for a max of 5 episodes but not even in a row; basically once a month in summer 2000 they couldn't get Rowell into the studio (for whatever reason) and apparently Kent KIng was on stand-by hoping to get a role on Y&R and so she stepped in. LOL

• Members

"The Susan Keller recast was another story.I'll have to check why Stanger was replaced,returned and replaced again(By Melinda Fee)."

Here are the correct airdates for the Mary Anderson actresses:

Brigid Bazlen 3/29/72-7/4/72

Karin Wolfe 7/12/72-3/5/75

Nancy Stephens 4/16/75-5/7/75

Carla Borelli 5/15/75-late 1975

Barbara Stanger late 1975-10/29/80

Susan Keller 11/3/80-11/20/80

Melinda O. Fee 1/12/81-3/1/82

Many books erroneously list Stanger & Guthrie still playing Mary & David into 1981, but Guthrie last appeared on 8/25/80 and Stanger last appeared on 10/29/80 (she and Josh Taylor hated each other, and as soon her contract ended, she left, never to return). Susan Keller was signed to a contract in November 1980, but just as her storyline got started with Josh Taylor (Chris), he bolted for his primetime series "Riker." Not knowing how long Riker would be on the air, "Days" immediately released Keller. By the time Josh Taylor returned in 1981, Melinda Fee was signed to a contract and stayed with the show until Mary was killed off in 1982.

So none of the Mary actresses were temporary recasts.

To my knowledge, Randolph Mantooth never played Mickey Horton. I've never seen that listed in any book, nor is he listed in any cast list that I have.

In the 1960s, Harry Lauter (Craig Merritt), Stephen Mines (David Martin) and Ed Prentiss (John Martin) were all one-day replacements.

Dick Gittings stepped in for Mark Tapscott for a few months as Bob Anderson while Tapscott recovered from a heart attack in the summer of 1978.

In more recent times, Rhonda Aldrich (Kayla Brady), Allyson & Jillian Bull (Abigail Deveraux), Marj Dusay (Vivian Alamain), Anne Howard (Kimberly Brady), Kitty Moffatt (Savannah Wilder), Emily Montague (Abigail Deveraux), and Peter White (Bill Horton) all filled in briefly while actors were ill or on maternity leave.

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Speaking of Josh Taylor, he filled in for Michael Tylo on GL briefly in late 1996, I think for a week or so. They had just about nothing in common -- I don't even think they had him wear Quint's type of wardrobe. I remember there were rumors that GL was thinking about permanently recasting him as Quint, which would have been bizarre and probably a fiasco, although at least it might have given Lisa Brown something to do.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Ooh, I LOVED Elizabeth Savage as Gwyn. While that role will always belong to Christine Tudor Newman, I remember really liking Savage's take on the part.

And I never knew that Roya Megnot returned to Loving to pinch hit for Lisa Peluso. Somehow, I don't think that would have worked, considering how much the character changed when Peluso began playing her.