Gilbert

They Almost Became

1,137 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2017 at 5:03 PM, Vee said:

To this day I'd recast Grant Aleksander as Jeff Webber. I don't think the age disparity is too much, and Grant has aged visually.

I kind of agree, but I have to admit it would be strange to see him in scenes with ex-wife Monica with this casting.  But he's great and I miss seeing him onscreen.

Well, wasn't Monica always into Rick and ended up with the younger brother? I think it can work given how Grant has aged.

23 minutes ago, cassadine1991 said:

Rebecca Budig was offered a role at Y&R in 2011 but she turned it down. Wonder what role it was.

Chelsea???

Rebecca Budig was in a position to be turning the #1 soap down? Lord have mercy!

What's next? Alicia Minshew was too good for Victoria? 

Edited by YRBB

According to Barbara Morgenroth, the final HW of The Doctors, soap newcomer Hillary Bailey (Smith) was cast as a nurse named Kit over three future movie stars in 1982...Holly Hunter, Ellen Barkin and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. Ms. Morgenroth and her senior line producer wanted Holly Hunter for another role, but NBC decided they wanted a man to play the role. That man was Jamey Sheridan, later of L&O: CI fame. Ms. Morgenroth joined TD's FB fan group not long ago and revealed all of this.

Edited by amybrickwallace

Ellen Barkin claimed on Inside the actors studio that she did a soap I believe she said SFT but cant find proof of that

On 3/19/2017 at 8:31 PM, slick jones said:

She was on Search For Tomorrow as Denise, Wendy's roommate in 1981.

Thanks Ellen spoke of SFT very fondly on inside the Actors Studio