ALL: They Almost Became

• Members

Her name was Maggie Vega. I never liked that cop - they opted to go with the chemistry between Bob Krimmer and Laura Bonariggo instead. I also seem to recall that was a proto-"Antonio Vega" in the works around that time who never surfaced. Not the same character outline, IIRC.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks. I just sent you a PM with the same message - eerie.

I mostly remember her hair. That's about it. Between Laura and the chemistry he had with Jessica Tuck she really would have needed to be better than whoever they did end up casting, who was very Lifetime host.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Somewhat ancillary to the original topic, but: According to William Shatner's new documentary Chaos on the Bridge (now on Netflix), about the tumultuous early seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Roy Thinnes (Phil Brewer, GH; Sloan Carpenter /Alex Crown, OLTL) was one of the top 3 original choices for Captain Picard, along with Yaphet Kotto and Mitchell Ryan. Then Patrick Stewart blew them all away.

Edited by Vee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

In this video, Robin Christopher claims she tested for every soap in NYC, some of them twice and was almost cast as Gabrielle on OLTL. She says it was that audition that lead AMC to cast her as Skye,

Edited by John

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Was it not heavily rumoured when GH was recasting Carly when Tamara Braun left that Sarah Buxton and Galen Gering's wife Jenna were the front runners to secure the role? The casting of Jennifer Bransford was very surprising after these two names were banded about but I have to wonder if they knew all along that Laura Wright would be leaving GL in the coming months and wanted a placeholder Carly who maybe wouldn't be as well received to make the transition to Wright more welcomed by fans.

• Members

There were suspicions about that at the time. But I think JFP was 100% behind Bransford (a hire of hers at OLTL) and pushed it, and tried to put it over. Sarah Buxton was also far too weak an actress.

Edited by Vee

• Members

How often has that happened? A bland to bad recast that essential acts as a placeholder until someone better/someone the studio wants more comes along?

I'm pretty sure that happened with Charity Rahmer as Belle and recently with Old Man Burgess as Billy (even though he had the role for like two years) on Y&R.