ALL: They Almost Became

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I dunno if I could have bought Julie as Lily but she would have been better than Sandra Dee Robinson who also auditioned

Eric Nelsen woulda been great as Eric on GG and not as annoying as Connor Paolo 's version. Although I may not like him on GG and Revenge cuse Connor just comes off douchey

• 1 month later...
  • Members

When Randy Brooks abruptly left the role of Y&R's Nathan in March 1994, SOD reported that Richard Lawson (ex-Lucas, AMC) and Richard Biggs (ex-Marcus, DAYS) were being bandied about for the role.

(unfortunately they cast a glassy-eyed actor with skunk hair instead)

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I guess Y&R didn't care about finding a good actor for the role because they now had Neil and Malcolm and thought Nathan was extraneous. A huge waste of a terrific character.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Reading a Star magazine from 1998, and they talk about the actresses who tested for Terri Demarco. They included Signy Coleman (who of course won the role), Crystal Chappell, Colleen Dion, and Teresa Blake.

I had no idea Blake had tried for any soap roles after AMC. I wish she'd gotten one (and her take on Annie would have interested me).

• Members

That would have been interesting. As Gloria, Teresa Blake was very adept at playing a woman on the edge... I wonder if TPTB felt she had resemblance to Cynthia Watros that actually worked against her, or if they were just trying to cast who they perceived as a bigger name with Coleman.

Hey, Gloria started out on AMC as a nurse, just as Annie did on GL, didn't she?

• Members

All that was said at the time was they wanted to take Thorne in a different direction. Maybe they thought Norcross limited, which he was, though I thought he was getting better. He actually had chemistry with Bobbie Eakes in the one scene I saw them in.