Gilbert

They Almost Became

1,141 posts in this topic

Kimberlin Brown, originally auditioned for the role of Cassandra on Y&R, before she got Sheila.

Great thread. And wasn't she cast as Paige, and played her a few months, on OLTL?

Peter Bergman auditioned for Brad Vernon on OLTL,replacing Jameson Parker.Steve Fletcher got the role.

That lead Bergman to AMC,who were bringing back Jeff Martin.They decided instead to drop Jeff and create Cliff Warner.

Sarah Brown came thisclose to being the Marty recast in 2006. For some reason it did not happen.

Ooooh!!! I would have loved to see her go up against TSJ.

I can't believe I missed out on seeing Cali Timmins play Tina TWICE. And yet as a free gift we got a brutal thrashing of Tina's character. :angry:

Looking through some of Steve's little post-it notes tonight. He stuck them everywhere.

He jotted down here from a letter he had from George Reinholt (they used to write each other all the time). He even sent Steve a very bad copy of the nude picture he did back in the 1970s. That guy was really hairy, but had a very nice body.

Anyway it says that when George got fired his friend Joe Stuart was helping him to get a role on The Doctors, but NBC did not want Reinholt on the network. He ended up going to OLTL and helped to get Courtney her role on the show as well.

I can't believe I missed out on seeing Cali Timmins play Tina TWICE. And yet as a free gift we got a brutal thrashing of Tina's character. :angry:

I miss Cali Timmins.

I read on Wikipedia that Tracey Bregman originally auditioned for the role of Patty on Y&R. She lost that but then got the role of Lauren without auditioning for it.

I read on Wikipedia that Tracey Bregman originally auditioned for the role of Patty on Y&R. She lost that but then got the role of Lauren without auditioning for it.

This is true. She has spoken about it.

This is true. She has spoken about it.

she got about as close to it this spring when she and Patty got to play dual psychos..lol

I mentioned this a while back, but I swear I read once that Jaime Lyn Bauer was also an early choice for Stephanie, which makes sense given the Lance and Laurie Y&R history.

Linda Grey was going to play Jackie Marone on B&B but had to turn it down and the role went to Lesley-Anne Down instead. Linda later came on as Priscilla.

Austin Peck has auditioned for B&B.

Erin Hershey Presley was a consideration for a Bridget re-cast on B&B after Jennifer Finnigan left.

Edited by BoldBeauty