"Secret Storm" memories.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It is not true. Jada Rowland quit Secret Storm twice. She left in 1958 and was replaced first by Beverly Lunsford, who was recast for a short period in 1960 by June Carter. Jada left again in 1971, when Lynne Adams (Leslie Bauer from Guiding Light) assumed the part. Both times Amy remained on the canvas. Around late 1966/ early 1967, Jada Rowland and Nic Coster were let go from the soap. In the story, Amy and Paul moved to Cincinnati and were not recast. As the other poster stated, Amy and Paul returned in April 1968, just as Charlie Clemens' daughter Belle arrived in Woodbridge with her daughter Robin. The following month, Amy and Belle's younger sister Karen took Robin on a Memorial Day picnic to the lake. This was Secret Storm's first location shoot. Robin fell into the water and drowned. Belle blamed Amy for Robin's death, and developed a pathological hatred of the Ames family. Belle vowed to make Amy pay by losing Paul, whom Belle seduced. This was the catalyst for a very memorable, long running rivalry between the two women.

Edited by saynotoursoap

• Members

I guess the return of Paul and Amy coincided with the arrival of Belle as that was where the storyline was headed.Were there new writers at that time?

During her time away from Storm,Jada went to ATWT and played Susan.I wonder what the circumstances were.Jada replaced Diana Walker.Was it a case of ATWT not being happy with Walker or did they drop her when Jada became available?

Again when Jada left,was it because she was lured back to SS with the promise of a new story or did the role of Susan not work out?

• Members

June Carter also played Cookie for a time on The Edge of Night. The Cookie role was created by Fran Sharon, and she returned to it. Ms. Sharon was playing it thoughout most of the 1960s.

I had seen this clip of June Carter previously.

Although I know of no clips of Beverly Lunsford on The Secret Storm, but she appears on reruns of Leave It to Beaver as one of Wally's friends.

Jada Rowland left the show THREE times: when Ms. Carter and Ms. Lunsford played the role, when she was playing Susan on As the World Turns, and when she left and Amy was played by Lynn Adams.

That Amy (other than Jada Rowland) was lighter-haired is not out of character for the soap operas in the 1960s. The role of Patti Tate on Search for Tomorrow was played by every physical type of actress. (And, even MUCH later, Mike Roy on All My Children was played by two very different actors.)

• Members

John Hess' script collection is available at Darmouth. Based on the catalogue information, he was headwriter of the show from March 1967 until July 1968 so he probably wrote the Brittons out and wrote them back in.

A columnist from around this time period wrote the following letter which gives you some details about the stories in this period.