"Secret Storm" memories.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Hey, I'm trying on find information on an actress that was this show in either the 60s or 70s, Iris Braun. She was my friend's grandmother. Unfortunately he doesn't know anything about the role she had. If anyone knows anything about who she played or has pictures that would be amazing.

• Members

@Darn I know that her character's name was Nancy Vallin. I have her in the Secret Storm cast list in the Cancelled Soaps Cast List Thread. I put up info (years, something about the character) , but I haven't found out any more than the character's name.

@vetsoapfan may know something about it, I think he helped with some of the info

Her husband, Dolph Sweet was on Gimme A Break. I have a list of his roles on soaps if you want. Just let me know

• Members

Man, you guys are awesome! Seriously in awe...  

@All My Shadows Thank you! Even knowing that one year is going to make my friend and his family very happy. Apparently she followed her time at SS with a stint on Broadway.

@slick jones Thank you! Yeah my friend was telling me about his step grandfather Dolph (I forgot the affectionate name they had for him)!

• Members

I was a big-time soap watcher way back then, but unfortunately, neither the actress' name nor the character ring any bells. I can say that she must not have been a major player, or lasted very long, because I would have remembered her, or been able to find some references of her in my soap-history books.

• Members

I have several soap-history books, and she's not listed in any of them. Googling her name produces no results, either. I found an obituary for a woman with the same name, who died recently and was in her 90s, so the age might fit, but they referred to her deceased husband and it was not Dolph Sweet.

• Members

@vetsoapfan I found that obituary as well and I don't think that's her (the commenters don't match the names any of his family members that I know). Thank you again. I'm visiting him sometime this year and will try to get a picture of her around the time she was on the show. 

• Members

Jada Rowland, an original cast member, was very sweet as Amy Ames, and her charisma continued to make the character appealing, to me at least. even when the writing was not great. Of course Susan, depending on who was playing her at the time, was a wonderful character who should not have been eliminated. fans did not approve of the Ameses being axed.

• 3 weeks later...