"Secret Storm" memories.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Belle/Amy feud was fascinating. It equals that of Victoria and Dorian on One Life to Live, although it did not last as many years.

I doubt that the scenes are available, but the Labor Day episode on which Robin died was really something for daytime television. It is the only scene that I remember from The Secret Storm that was filmed on location. (Maybe some of the racing of Robert Landers was shot on location, but I don't remember.)

Jada Rowland attempted to save Robin from drowning. It was quite emotional also.

• Members

If the show was owned till 1969 by American Home Products, did those episodes get stashed somewhere or did they get wiped by the network when they took control ? I would love to see episodes of Marla as the nasty Belle. I can picture how great she was on the show.

Nicolas Coster has been on just about every soap there ever was.

I wonder how Christina Crawford felt about playing a character with the same name as her much despised mother ?

• Members

Nick Charles was also on a lot of soap operas. He played two roles on The Secret Storm, and Nicolas Coster played two roles on As the World Turns (and played one of those characters on both As the World Turns and the primetime serial Our Private World).

• Members

Nic Coster was asked about the whole Joan Crawford thing on FB a while back, and said he actually wasn't on the set when he was there because he was using up some of his vacation time. He did say he felt sorry for his friend Nick Charles, who had to play the scenes with her when she was both terrified of airing live - and drunk.

• Members

Ursulla had a son, and he was attracted to Belle's new ward Joanna Morrison.

Am I correct in thinking that Audrey Landers (Joanna #1) won some type of talent competition and that one of her prizes was a contract on one of the CBS soap operas? I am thinking that she sang on the show, also. Did she later sing on Somerset?

• Members

No, this was his third time to be on a soap opera (although I think that he appeared in a small role on Another World - I may be wrong about that).

He was Hank Barton #2 or #3 on As the World Turns. The great Don Scardino had created the role. Then either he or Paul Falzone became Hank #2. (I think that #2 was Mr. Falzone and #3 was Mr. Sandy.)

He then was hired to play Sandy Buchanan (younger brother of Jessica Buchanan) on Somerset. I don't think that he was in the original cast, but he was hired soon afterward. Most of the scenes that he had that I remember paired him with Pamela Toll (Pammy Davis). Both characters were schemers.

This role on The Secret Storm was the third for Mr. Sandy.