Eric83

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Dihann when they did the Thankgiving episode... DAMN! She looked so flawless (not that she didn't in her earlier eps. but still)... Ron's reaction to her black catsuit had me cracking up.

Ha, Patti was like that but I thought they played well off of one another, my fave was when they started cutting up each other flowers when they first met.

• Members

Jasmine Guy's figure still looks fabulous though.

But they should definitely have Charnelle Brown on, if they do that reboot. The challenge is that ADW is supposed to be about the college experience, so there would probably be pressure to focus mostly on the students but I'm only interested in as much as they would integrate some of the classic cast with new characters.

But I was not as invested in Lena James and most of those characters as I was in the first and second year incoming students.

I wonder if Lisa Bonet and Marisa Tomei would ever do a cameo appearance? Not to stay, just an episode. It's always kind of cool that Tomei's character Maggie went to a (fictional) HBCU before it became a headline on Oprah.

• Members

The focus should be on the kids, not the original cast. They should be used to usher in some of the students while serving as mentors to others but they shouldnt overshadow them. No one from the orignal cast really needs to even appear. The concept behind ADW is ageless and could have sprung up at any time in the late 90s/00s. Im surprised there hasnt been any other show like it since. It'll be great if this ever even happens. A show set around a historically black college? Im so there

• Members

I mean they had white extras during Season 1 so I think they were being ambiguous the first season about it being an HBCU and when Debbie Allen came in they got rid of all of that and made it known that Hillman was an HBCU. Honestly Marissa Tomei's character isn't that remembered and while apart of the show's highest rated season, the golden years were def the years of Whitley, Dwayne, Freddie, Kim, Ron, etc. I think the show should focus on Whitley and Dwayne's kid and they pop up every now and again as parents. Idk how I would work any of the other originals on there, but the college characters are more important than anything. I wonder what network this would air on?

• Members

Season 1 #2- 22.15 million

Season 2 #3- 20.79 million

Season 3 #4- 19.43 million

Season 4- #4- 16.92 million

Season 5- #17- 13.99 million

Season 6- #86- 9.0 million (This was after The Cosby Show left the air of course, and they switched timeslots like three times this season)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Different_World_(TV_series)#Ratings

• Members

There was probably more competition after season 1, but being sandwiched between The Cosby Show and Cheers was a pretty sweet deal.

Some sources report a tie between The Cosby Show and Roseanne during the 1988-1989 and 1989-1990 season for the #1 position, so its peak positions could very well be a slot higher for those seasons. Coincidentally, they were all shows produced by Carsey-Wener, the only time I believe a production company has ever had the top 3 shows on television.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner