OLTL: Jean Passanante joins writing team

• Members

Sure. What actually fascinates me with these writers and their "visions" and writing is how it's all so... Demented. There is virtually NO sanity involved, people act like fools, schizos, maniacs, nothing makes sense... For goodness sake, is it so hard to write a story that might suck, but is actually a work of a mentally stable & sane person?!? :blink: WTF?! Stuff like going from A to B with some logic, sense, knowing the bare basics of drama etc. :mellow:

And then you have their obsessions/complexes appear on your TV screen in plain daylight, crystal clear, not even network interference being able to mask them.

:lol:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL Hey, I did say it was on a more personal level. Most think that JP's entire run was horrific, so I accept that I'm in a very, very small minority who thought otherwise for a few months.

What you're saying is true, though, it's ridiculous. The simple fact that mental institutions are sometimes regular settings on some of these shows is just nuts (pun either intended or not intended depending on your preference). It's not even that the characters are throwed off that's the problem. If a soap were to examine the psychological aspects of the crazy [!@#$%^&*] these characters do, and I mean really really examine it all, not missing a single beat or important point, then that would GREAT. It would be fantastic. That'd make for a great anthology soap, set it in an institution and show each patient's story. But this stuff here that we get to see? A perfectly sane young man, a high school teacher for chrissakes, suddenly losing his mind and holding a woman hostage in a cabin? Are you serious? When did he even go crazy?

And I'm supposed to believe that Jean Passanante is going to ruin that great legacy? JP wrote some pure garbage on ATWT, yes, but her stuff was never THAT ridiculous. Never!

Ed Lover, get in here and utter your catch phrase.

• Members

No, no, the sure wasn't ironic. I agreed with you. :)

And there you go. Miraculous potions that make people fall in love with you, spectacular, unbelievably successful plastic surgery that makes you look like an exact clone of someone else (starting from height and weight to the minute details), black people in cages thinking they are dogs, burning fetuses... And the obsessivness of it all!!!

Stuff a manual in psychopathology is made of. Actually, scratch that. These new mental states haven't even been 'invented' yet.

• Members

ITA. From ABC's perspective, this may be OLTL's final chance to turn things around. Same goes for the new headwriting team at AMC. I can't see any major turnarounds occurring on either soap and I think the same about GH. The overall viewership and demos of the three ABC soaps are steadily declining. It is just a matter of trying to slow down the inevitable. ABC must be working busily brainstorming replacement programming.

• Members

I forgot. But I absolutely loved Eric Dearborn's chemistry with Eden Riegel and Erica trying to hook them up.

I remember the whole "pate" thing, when Bianca set up a picnic for the both of them and he just tore into everything. :lol::lol::lol:

I wish they would have kept the character on, at least as a friend to Bianca until they found a more suitable love interest(other than boring ass Rosa).

Archived