Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

RHOC

Good balance between the old format with some drama mixed in.

Shannon fascinates me..i give her props for showcasing her struggle with her weight...and seeing her with her trainer confirmed for me that I made the right decision not getting a gym membership.  I think Shannon should maybe invest in a bicycle.  

Kelly is pure trash and exactly what is wrong with humans nowadays.  She better remember that she's a decade away from menopause and could very well end up gaining 40 plus lbs herself.

Peggy...i like her.  Just because she doesn't bring drama so far doesn't mean she's a dud.  Seeing the scene of her discussing breast reconstruction reminds me of what my late mom went through with breast reconstruction herself.

Lydia' s tagline should be 'I stick my nose in people's business so they stay out of mine'.

Vicki with the cameras all over her office screams 1984.  I would quit so fast if I found out about that.  

Megan's vignettes with baby and Jimmy are cute.

T amra is being calm...i hope it lasts...but bybmid season she'll be screaming at someone.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you for posting about Kenya's grandma passing @Nothin'ButAttitude. I was super close to my grandmother (who lived with us), so I can only imagine the grief Kenya is feeling. This was her mama in every way that counts, and she sounds like a remarkable woman in her own right. Glad Kenya is not alone in facing this right now.

RHoOC:

Sometimes Bravo editors crack me up -- cutting from Shannon screeching "I'm f*ckin DONE!" over and over to the parrot squawking at Ava's birthday party.

Please register in order to view this content

Rumor is that Lydia & Doug have money problems and RH is the job that is paying right now. So Lydia is under pressure to deliver this season. BTW, Lydia's dad in that pic looks EXACTLY like Peter Gallagher from The OC! 

I kind of love the Jim Edmonds + baby show. Meghan? Eh. I don't know why she is acting so stereotypically dumb.

Peggy looks like Jillian Michaels from some angles.

I can't help but find Shannon incredibly compelling to watch. No other story right now is coming close to giving me the only-too-real moments, the crazy, and the drama, because nobody else on this show (bless their hearts) is bringing it. When Shannon took off her top and her trainer just went "Wow. Wow" at her weight gain, I felt for her. She allowed her actual weight to be shown on camera, damn. I could never. She admitted she is too ashamed to be intimate with David, and that she was afraid he would leave her. No other HW in any franchise is willing to put themselves and their MESS out there like Shannon. (I sometimes wonder if after this season she won't be able to continue with the emotional onslaught on national television). 

I don't even blame her for losing her rag at Kelly. Kelly coming out of the toilet with her shirt up, flashing her flat tummy... lol I don't want to laugh but SHADE, gf. The whole scene at The Quiet Woman gave me everything I wanted and more. This was another Dinner Party From Hell. Kelly cackling as Shannon and Tamra run into her while trying to make a speedy exit through the back.  However, just when I am ready to make up a batch of TEAM SHANNON t-shirts, I am reminded of the old Shannon who turns me off, imperiously ordering Kelly to leave "my table."

Edited by Cat

• Members

OC is just magic this year. I really hope the ratings reflect how good it is and that the other shows try to mimic what they do here. The only problem is that I don't think the other housewives have as interesting personal lives as the OC ladies so the standalone scenes may not work as well. Even the most dull housewife (Meghan) fits in well by herself and in the group scenes. Whoever casts this show needs a raise. Speaking of casting, I LOVE Peggy. I like that they no longer just cast a new generic blonde who will fit in perfectly. Everybody has such different personalities and lies and Peggy is no different. She seems like such a strong woman and has such class and wealth and I just LOVE it. I could tell by her meeting Shannon that she won't be amused by her dramatics and that is probably why she gets into with the other ladies/

• Members

Wow, that OC episode was a hot mess of fun. I'll give Shannon credit for providing trainwreck television. She mentions her fatness a little too much, but I guess that's her through-line for the season: "I'm fat. How did I let this happen?"  The trainer bugged the crap out of the hubby and me. THREE times he said, "Wow..."  After the 3rd "wow," you would NOT be my trainer anymore. Ass. Meanwhile, that was some clever Bravo editing, showing a glistening David doing shirtless exercises while the wifey waddles in, moving slower by the day. 

Kelly is a sloppy mess who always looks disheveled, and her outbursts and motivations are frenetic and hold no weight, but again, makes for fun trainwreck television. Shannon is the reality bear that everyone loves to poke. 

If Lydia returned to this show for financial reasons, she's doing a great job of getting into the thick of it and being relevant as the wannabe peacemaker. She's aligned with the right people to bridge one group of friends with the other. 

Peggy is likable so far, and I'm sure she'll eventually start mixing it up and cat-fighting with the rest of the cast. For now there, she can only observe as the fighting is based upon arguments of the past. I see what others have said that she resembles many different celebrities from different glances. In the past two episodes, I've seen shades of Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Nelly Furtado and Idina Menzel. 

Vicki is fun all on her own with her family and business peeps. Give her a rest from the group altercations and she'll be just fine. Meghan, Jim, and baby are okay on their own island too. For now. I'm sure they're peppering in family time moments early in because she wasn't originally part of this season. She'll be back in the lion's den soon enough. 

With crazies like Shannon and Kelly, along with will-she-or-won't-she-act-unChristian Tamra, it's good to have more levelheaded ladies like Lydia, Meghan, and Peggy to even things out. 

• Members

Hey guys! This week's episode of RHoNY is sponsored by SkinnyGirl. And Ramona Singer! Honestly, Ramona was kissing Bethenny's plucked-chicken ass like it was Mario's mouth this episode. I guess somebody in production clued her in to the fact her job is on the line if she doesn't follow everybody else in praising Bethenny. Even Dorinda was like "enough, Ramona." On the upside, her face seems to have... settled.

Also, having come from watching OC Shannon's weight struggles, it always amuses me seeing Ramona wearing white outfits about two sizes too small and still thinking she has the same lithe figure as she did when she was 25. That is confidence! The bandana was a Bon Jovi-sized mistake though.

Luann is a true MVP. After two nasty drunken falls, she was up at dawn for yoga and still went surfing afterwards, only to get biffed in the arm by a surfboard. Luann is delighting me no end during this trip. BTW, that surfing lesson was basically constructed to show how good Bethenny is at it and watch the wipe-outs of the other women.

Sonja: "I haven't had a drink in 10 months." 

"I don't know what it is, but as soon as I start drinking, I just want to smooch my friends' faces off!"  

ETA: Oh! I forgot to add that Ramona Bo Dereking on the beach in front on the girls in the hot tub was 

Edited by Cat

• Members

I expect nothing less from a set of shows with a sharp streak of misogyny running through them! 

Did you also notice that while David ("yes, dear") was working out, he was wearing a CUT Fitness T shirt? Tamra should hook Shannon up with Maya or another friend for a no-nonsense workout!

• Members

RHOC

Shannon's main story is "I got fat and Vicki's to blame?" No you got fat bc you drink and eat too much and your husband is a cheat. When she said her husband keeps getting fit while she gets fat...well thats a big hint that h's getting fit for another woman. LMAO at Kelly telling her to keep eating. She's huge compared to where she was last year. Did I just fat shame her? Yes. Why? Bc I dont like the bitch and I own that

Im so glad Lydia is back. She isnt so interesting on her own but she adds a good dynamic to the group

RHONYC

Im so over this Tinsley chick. Bitch you are on RH on BravoTV. Get used to being in the tabloids and blogs. Its only gonna get worse

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

What's funny is that t amra offered a few times to help her and shannon's excuse was that the gym is 30 minutes away.

Reading shannon's blog about the trainer going 'wow' and not being bothered.. it shows me that she is conditioned to accept that...to fuel her victim complex.  

With that said, seeing a clip of next week of Shannon teaching Sophie to drive...she and Vicki are so similar lol. I wish Sophie got a talking head...all she would have to do is roll her eyes and shrug her shoulders and say 'that's just mom'.  

rhony

Luann is reality tv gold only on vacations

• Members

That's exactly what I thought, and that probably stresses her out (i.e. makes her stress eat) even more so. 

Haven't seen RHONY yet. Did we get Drunk Dorinda yet, or is that next week? Luann last week in a perpetual state of tipsy giggles was perfection. I love that sisterhood understanding she has with Ramona. They may not be the captain (Bethenny snagged that title), but they've been steering the boat for 9 years together. Meanwhile, just when you think Ramona/Sonja can't get any worse with their "room" debacle, each year it sinks more and more. 

As much as I've enjoyed Bethenny's return the past 2 seasons, and it has helped re-energize a floundering franchise, if her behind-the-scenes control and dictation are responsible for this season's frenetic fighting, I'd be happy to see the show have another go without her next year. Bring Jill Zarin back instead, and watch Ramona twitch like a malfunctioning Robot.