Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think Mica is from the DMV area, but she's lived in Harlem for years so NYC is the only real option for her. Potomac is going to continue being a problem because it's hard to get women in that area to agree to be housewives. The real reason DC wasn't renewed is because they had difficulty scouting people after the Salahi drama and Potomac is basically a reboot of that show so it's going to have the same issues. 

Another potentially interesting thing is that Kenya Moore has been making cryptic posts that suggest she could be leaving ATL. Her husband lives in New York and it's possible he could move or they could split their time, but if she did end up leaving that show and moving to New York I wouldn't be surprised if they put her on NYC.

• Members

Keyna isn't my first choice, but I feel the crossovers are overdue with these franchises. I always wanted Jo to move from RHOC to RHONY now that she seems to be doing well in New York. They probably would never move Kenya since she's part of the "black" franchise, but I'd be interested in seeing how she interacts with the New York ladies and if it changes anything.

• Members

IA, NY is missing larger-than-life characters like Jill, Aviva and Heather (the latter as a balancing Alpha Female force) and is starting to atrophy a little. Dorinda is perfection, but Tinsley is... sigh. Her mom Dale is more interesting than her, because she has a touch of Patricia Altschul about her (if you've watched Southern Charm, you'll know who I'm talking about). Her line to Ramona ("Your hair is very stunning that way") was the best straight-faced lie I've ever heard! Ramona and Dale are basically peers in age, and just seeing Dale try not to stare at Ramona's humongous bazonkas was a thing of beauty. If they wanted to keep Dale but let Tinsley go live her life in Chicago, I might be ok with that.

Kenya could -- COULD! -- be that 'shot in the arm' NY needs. Mainly because she has a backbone and won't let herself be manipulated by Bethenny or Ramona. She would need to raise her game, because the NY cast are savvy, and some of the HWs are BSC and will eat you alive if you trip up. To paraphrase Nene, "dis ain't Phaedra Porsha!" That is, IF Bravo wants to do this. Which I don't think they do. They tend to like their shows um separated. I also think that Kenya is not beloved by Andy. He seems pissed the wedding happened off season, and the rumor is that her new husband does not want to be involved in filming. Which I totally understand, but it also cuts down on Kenya's ability to leverage her position.

Lastly, if she leaves Atlanta, it would be a loss to that franchise. It also likely would mean that Porsha has one more reprieve to stay on the show -- yet again.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Ramona was on WWHL (with Jackie Hoffman aka Mamacita in Feud, who is AMAZING in every way and a RH fan). Ramona looked FANTASTIC, by far her best hair and make-up in over 3 years. She was also pretty lucid (for her) in explaining herself. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

What NY needs is an authentic, larger than life, character...which means they need to bring back Jill. 

Bringing on Kenya or another HW transplant will not work because it will make the show even less organic than it already is...what made these shows great is the actual relationships between some cast members that preceded the show.

The reason Jules and Tinsley have failed is they're a solid generation, mentally, younger than the rest of the cast. They're not in the same time of life and therefore can't relate to the other women. 

• Members

You make a good point about organic/authentic HW picks. There's a reason the same men (Harry, Tom) keep popping up in these women's lives -- because they all marinate in the same UES social circle. I never thought I would ever say this but Jill does need to come back. She was on WWHL last week with Luann and pretty much dominated the chat and questions. Andy seemed to have warmed to her again. She seems a bit more self-aware and is game to be on the show. If Bethenny leaves after this season (because Bethenny is the real stumbling block to Jill holding an apple -- she has not forgiven her for S3 and will absolutely refuse to film with her), I could well imagine Jill returning to mix it up with the cast. The history with Ramona and Jill alone (and Sonja. And even Dorinda!)...

Your point about their ages is a good one too. I like that Carole and Ramona are honest about their ages and the challenges facing a woman. On scripted TV and in film, most women over the age of 40 have been scrubbed from the canvas, so seeing real women talk and live this life (and it's a great life for the most part) is a real draw for me. As crazy as they are, there is something so real and dynamic and exciting about their experiences. It makes me less wary about growing older, too, lol.

Edited by Cat

• Members

How did letting 3 housewives go on RHOC after season 8 help refresh that show for season 9....yet when NY did the same thing after season 4...it stumbled?

Was it because the three that left OC were not integral to the show?  We're the replacements better?

Plus, Id rather Jill come for visits...i don't want her back full time...though she is at least married...and her daughter is grown and was game for filming.

I do think Dorinda worked because she knew the women.

It's sad that kristen fit better then either Jules and Tinaley have.

• Members

Dropping 3 women wasnt the problem; it was adding three new ones. Three women at once is too many to get to know. The transition wasnt even gradual with proper introductions. The season just picked up as if we were already supposed to know them. It was quite jarring. On the contrary, OC only added 2, which is a norm for the franchise.

• Members

@Cheap21, valid point, but I don't think the amount of women was the issue. I think just how they were crammed at us at once was the issue. There should've been a gap between introducing all the women on NYC. They should've brought in Aviva first then about 2-3 episodes later debut Heather, then about 2-3 episodes later brought in Carole. They just seemed to drop them all there at once.

I do find this weird though b/c the did the same thing in Miami s2, but it worked. I guess b/c we were still building relationships with the originals (Marysol/Adrianna/Lea) that it didn't mess up the show that much. 

OC did do it right by debuting Shannon immediately and Lizzie didn't come on till about a few episodes later. It felt organic and not force fed.