Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

No! The ship has never sailed when it comes to Magali! 

Please register in order to view this content

These bitches better bring Magali back after we had to look at Misse's mole-faced ass for two seasons!

And was it you or @Cat that spoiled that the Wards weren't a wealthy as they portrayed themselves to be?

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't take the credit. I am only a casual viewer of RHoCh. In fact, I am rewatching the first ever episode right now. I think it was DaytimeFan and possible Cheap who linked to stories about the Wards. It was never me. Sorry! 

Speaking from what I know of Dawn Ward via the tabloids and the first season, it seems clear to me that she and her husband were mortgaged to the back teeth. For an EX footballer (unless they are top-tier walking brand like David Beckham) to afford an 11-bedroom grand manor like that, outright? Not possible They wouldn't have the savings. Two live-in maids and a butler? Who is paying those salaries? That fully-staffed interior design company looked like a loss-maker too. I'm not surprised the Wards are in heavy debt, but their credit must be particularly poor because instead of going to the bank (where they probably already owe money), they went to friends to borrow money. That's worrying. 

I also wondered whether Lauren's husband was losing money and that's why he hated her OTT shopping.

IA with NBA -- I think Magali could ask to come back to the show and the producers would snap her up. The rivalry between those two alpha females Dawn and Magali has never been topped (and it's pretty much why I haven't kept up with later seasons of RHoCh). The irony is that Magali was probably the one who lived the most frugally and within her family's means on that show (a beautiful but regular family home, no outsized McMansions and crazy cosmetic surgeries for her) but she is the one who walked away from the TV money first. 

• Members

Sorry about that, @Cat. I thought it was you too. 

Please register in order to view this content

But I am interested to see this story play out. So funny that out of all the people take Dawn down, it'll be Leanne. I bet Dawn wishes now she wouldn't've 'allegedly' got production to blackball Magali, thus preventing her return. At least Magali v. Dawn wasn't as deep as Leanne and Dawn is gradually becoming. 

I'm interested in the group dynamics too. I see Ampika definitely being team Leanne. Tanya and Lauren will be team Dawn. I can see Seema leaning towards Dawn too. I think after Leanne flipped on Stacy last reunion, I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn scoops Stacy up too. This might be one messy ass season. 

When it comes to footballers, I always assumed in the past that they were all rolling in the dough somewhat, as it the the most watched sport in the world, but I've gradually been seeing that isn't the case. After hearing how lame ass Jamie O'Hara moan about being barely to stay afloat on CBB, I guess everyone isn't Cristiano Ronaldo or David Beckham. Dawn's faux ostentatious living about to exposed to the world and I can't wait!  I wonder if all of this possibly coming out might affect Ashley/Dawn.  I hope not even though I can't stand Dawn. Stuff like this ruins marriages.

• Members

Damn. 

RHOA was a mess tonight. 

All I have say is that tonight solidified what I've always seen--Porsha is one big a** liar. She stayed bouncing from one lie to another when attempting to confront Kandi, and she came off poorly. Again, Porsha is playing herself into a corner and burning all bridges. I think this might be her swan song season. 

• Members

It is a cold world. A lot of these footballers are trainees when they are 15. Then at 18 or 19, they might make the first team. Suddenly they get a couple thousand a week. These boys, mostly white or black, usually come from working class or very poor backgrounds. Football is the way out. They are making more in a week than their parents made in a month. And some haven't been taught how to save & spend. So they spend it on the Footballer Lifestyle. Payments on a Porsche, a mortgage on a designer pad, and brand-name clothes. Money on parties and ladies. Because you want to be taken seriously by your fellow players and the press. They are reading about Cristiano Ronaldo who lives large and gets over $500,000 a week. A WEEK. That is crazy money. They think all they need is a lucky break and Man United will snap them right up and give them that salary. But 99.9% don't get snapped up like that. Most will play in the mid- and low-table teams, and it's a hard slog to avoid relegation. Moreover, they've just met their girlfriend, and she likely comes from the same background they do. She wants better than what she grew up with, too. She wants the house that looks like a Disney castle, and the boob job and Maloof Hoofs (think Tanya). She wants to keep up with the other footballers' wives. So that means more money spent and an even bigger mortgage. As long as that weekly salary remains in 4 digits, everything should be ok. But suddenly, you hit 35 and nobody wants to sign you. You become a civilian again. You have to downsize your lifestyle. You hope to get into coaching, but maybe you don't have the skills (most coaches now have degrees in sports education). You hope to get into TV punditry (like Lineker). But just as foreign players in the Premiership got the biggest salaries, so too do they get the most offers to appear on TV. Because they were bought over as already-big names. TV would rather a world-famous Dutchman who speaks English perfectly than a grunt from Sunderland FC. So these ex footballers go a different direction, maybe flipping houses or a landscaping business. But you have to have some savings and be wiley with your money. It's easy for ex players addicted to the old lifestyle to get caught out. I think Ashley Ward got caught out. And he got caught out because once Dawn got the TV job, they figured the lavish lifestyle could continue unabated.

Sorry, that was a really long essay, but the economics of footballer life is a fascinating thing here. Being a footballer is considered a dream job. But this is also a country that looks down on people because of class, and football has always been considered strictly lower class. Because that's the background of most of the players.

Yeah, I would say that Ampika is definitely somebody who needs to be in complete control of her finances. Even though she has a nice lifestyle and (probably) a nice alimony, she has a business and she never wants to feel worried about money. I think she's probably OCD about it. It's probably why Dawn would never ask her for money. Leanne, though, was Dawn's BFF and viewed her like a sister, and that's why she agreed to the loan. Unfortunately, just like money is the #1 cause of marriages breaking up, so too can it cause friendship breakups.

This is amazing. And Shamea's face at the end when Porsha lamely claims she's got a lot of info about Kandi is a PICTURE. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

wasnt me. I like Dawn so I wasnt the one coming for her

RHOA

My god, Riley and those struggle vocals. She did NOT get her mother's talents

Dang Kandi is spilling ALL the tea this season. Porsha shouldn't have come for her. This season has gotten too ugly. It the darkest, messiest season yet and while juicy, its kind of uncomfortable. I dont feel as if we should be knowing all this