Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

The thing is it fits with OC and NJ as the extended family is very much apart of the women's storylines and onscreen lives. Moreso than any of the other franchises. I think Kyle's family is the only one on this show that is really showcased to the extent that we see on OC and NJ.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wasn't BH the first series to debut an intro without family in the background?  I think they were first and have never had family.  Then NYC and Atlanta followed suite when they updated their intros to be more 'glam'.  

This now reminds me of when Sonja's only family in the background was her damn dog 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah, I think Atlanta has always shown their family and kids pretty consistently.  Phaedra and her boys.  Cynthia's daughter.  Nene's boys.  Every single storyline Kandi has had is about her family.  

Speaking of Atlanta... WHY IS BOB ALWAYS SWEATING PROFUSELY?? Hahaha, even tonight when he was at home, he's sweating.  Kairo looks just like him.

I don't love her, but I have to say...  Portia looked flawless during the DNC trip.  

• Members

Gucci cake? I thought she said coochie cake at first

Isnt Cairo the same age that Nene's son was when he was arrested and Sheree threw that in her face? I hope now she understands how wrong she was for that

Kenya: "Invite Lena and RL" Man this show is really but not really trying to make those two happen. She needs to just leave Matt alone and move on

Mama Joyce: "They work so hard. At least Kandi does." This shady old bitch

I dont like Phaedra but I actually felt for her this episode

Phaedra's is featured regularly and more recently Riley. As a matter of fact we are seeing that with Sheree as well so it seems like ATL is getting back to that after taking a step back when Porsha and Kenya were introduced

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Oh, I admit -- I love ragging on her! She'd sell her sister down the river if it meant a step up the social-climbing ladder and acceptance by the Rich Girls. Plus when she gets to play victim, it's her big 'This isn't about YOU, LEEE-SA! This is about ME!" spotlight moment. Kyle is extremely transparent.

RHoA:

Is anybody buying Phaedra's Phoundation? She is piggy-backing on Black Lives Matter in order to clean up her tarnished reputation. I can't believe security was so lax at the DNC that she and Poorsha were able to sneak in! I did feel bad about the bomb threat, but I have to ask what Phaedra may or may not have done to incite bomb threats? Is this what happens when you hang with dodgy types and get involved with scams? 

Mama Joyce is fun (in small doses) but referring to her daughter's hoo-ha as a "rusty pipe"? TMI. Mama Joyce is better off giving shade rather than being Kandi's sex therapist. I'm also not sure I needed to see allllll of that scene between Kandi and Todd but, hey, it's not like we get to see a ton of AA love scenes on TV as it is.

Kairo is literally the spitting image of Bob Whitfield. I have to admit I liked the discussion Bob and Sheree had with him. I used to be virulently anti-drugs, including pot, growing up. But after hearing about its medicinal purposes in recent years, especially for chemo patients and people with high anxiety, I have to wonder if we are penalizing the wrong kinds of drug use. I'm not sure Kairo was so ready to lay off the recreational pot use with his friends though.

Seeing Cynthia's new lake house was a nice change of pace, and felt fun and light-hearted.

Atlanta is still in its early episodes so it's not really reached its full momentum. I also feel like it is experimenting with a different feel (certainly the background music has felt different in these few episodes) and maybe more producer involvement in the show. So much of it feels scripted at the moment. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

I know, I don't understand why they are cutting down on the specially composed background music for the show. I always knew by the music who was going to be on screen even before they appeared. I remember Kim Z got some farty sounding music that weirdly fit her perfectly. I also love the final music they play at the end of BH and OC each season when they are going through what each woman has 'learnt' from the season. I find that music lowkey moving actually.

• Members

RHOBH

It's good to be back! 

LVP: uneasy lies the head that wears a crown...LVP clearly started this season uneasy about half the cast and how she was going to deal with them. From the looks of next week she found her nerve and is going to be aggressive and alpha dog in reasserting her authority over the rest of the women. And she will triumph.

Kyle: within the first 10 minutes of the show she took a swipe at LVP ("she's going to make up with Rinna sooner because she's easier to manipulate") but we all know who and what Kyle is. The discussion of Mauricio buying a plane is cute - start with a house that's gated. Then you can look at planes. 

Rinna: she does need to eat some bread and her comment about her daughter's modelling career being "organic" made me laugh because that girl's career is about as organic as Rinna's silicone lips. Having said that she had a different energy to her when discussing her father's passing and her scene with "Harry Hamlin" was cute. 

Eileen: she came off weird in discussing her mother's death and how she didn't feel bad about it. And the thing is, I get it, I've had grandparents die and I didn't feel bad about it (a merciful release and all that)...it's Eileen's delivery. Everything is slightly off kilter. It's probably why Kristen Blake is such a compelling character to watch. 

Kyle, Rinna and Eileen were all very pressed about LVP and their talking heads reflect that she is the only thing that's interesting about any of them.

Erika: she's still likeable and fun and interesting. And the thing is, she seems the most relaxed with LVP which reaffirms many people's theory that she and Yolanda weren't exactly best friends. Her birthday party was off the hook and I love that her mother named her after Erica Kane. 

Doritos: I don't really like this chick already. I've lived in several countries and regions that spoke foreign languages over my lifetime and my accent hasn't changed one iota from when I was a child. Doritos is kidding herself with all that staff - that alienates viewers like crazy! Her husband seems likeable. It's interesting that LVP knew Doritos husband, PK, before her. Just like LVP did with Mohamed and Yolanda. The nightclub business in London was/is a very male dominated field (Ken's East End boy style is standard there) so it's not really a surprise that many of Lisa's friends are men. She probably finds them easier to deal with.