Soap Openings: Past and Present

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you ever need a visual aide when trying to define "camp":

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Why she got her purse!? And spinnin'!? Of course it could have been a wrap after Danny, oh my Lord... and Cricket looks like she's working the end of the runway at a church fashion show ("Git it goral, you betta wear dat!")

• Members

I thought that opening had a certain unique style and was always fun to watch, even if some of it was rarely updated (poor Matthew had the same picture for years and years). I much preferred it to the generic, pretentious wannabe primetime opening, which, due to endless cast departures, seemed to be about five seconds long by the last year.

• Members

The Boyz II Men opening! I call it that because it sounds like something they'd sing over. Jesus Christ, GL was such a different show then.

I have to offer AMC's white opening, which I will defend forever. That song, the black/white images, the leaf, the rose, the bottle, the horses, the inkwell, the keys...I flove it. And ABC went and P&Ged it up for a while with the sponsor tag.

Archived