Soap Openings: Past and Present

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That one wouldn't have been too bad if there was a little bit more variety. The fact that it just kept sliding sideways made me a little nauseous...It was certainly NOT worse than this opening:

I didnt like any of the variations of that one.

This one, however, I loved:

I loved that one and the Reva version as well....

• Members

Here's the B&B theme with that squealing which used to make me do a double take if I wasn't prepared. This is a few years before I started watching. WTF is that Logan sister shot at the beach with her legs open? At least she was in jeans. And the shots of Beth Logan are so random and hilarious and out of place, especially the dopey grin as she carries groceries. It's like, "Thank God I'm not a blonde, otherwise I wouldn't be on this show!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZYxsoBFWw

And here's the one from a few years later. They kept this very sexy shot of Macy for years, which always baffled me, because Macy wasn't really a sexpot.

At the time I was, and still am, surprised at just how many shots of almost completely exposed breasts they got in there.

• Members

saw New Order in 2005 :D woot. Though I admit I'm more a singles fan with them... Now Pet Shop Boys on the other hand--I got to meet them in the Fall (my ex bought me a meet and greet ticket at their concert as a surprise). :wub: (I do have to admit I like that cheezetastic OLTL theme more than I care to admit, I just think anyone who doesn't admit its cheeze, is self delusional :D )

• Members

I admit I love that opening, especially how stylish it was when it started (it got progressively less so and more and more dated as time went by). And I love the elephant squeel (wow how many soap themes have music we could compare to Elephant noises)

HAHyou'd never see a set that looked liek the house at :18 seconds into the first B&B opening on that show now...

• Members

If we're referring to the opening with the letters G U I D I N G L I G H T constantly scrolling by and the heavy percussion meets piano, that was actually Jon Conboy's opening.

Ellen Wheeler's first opening - which succeeded the above - was, quite honestly, pretty nice. I can't understand why she elected to drop it in favor of the creepy hands.

• Members

Brookside. The best part is that they use the Bette Davis Eyes beat. How can you compare?

Neighbours circa 1998. It's cheesy but heartwarming, and how often do you see some guy in a Speedo in the opening credits of a show?

Oh, sorry. I thought it said 2005 opening.

I liked the idea of the Conboy opening, the scrolling, but I didn't like the music.

Archived