Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cat, perfect summation of Jennifer Aniston. Aniston is one of those actresses who bitches and moans about photographers and tabloids, all while having Kevin Huvane and her PR flacks plant stories about her left and right, hers is an image that has taken decades to sculpt and Aniston will be damned if it changes. Unfortunately for Ms Aniston, all of the spin she's generated around herself since her marriage to Brad Pitt hasn't served her career the way it could have (a la Nicole Kidman), instead, her films have flopped, her image has floundered and her looks, whatever she had of them, are fading and she's becoming irrelevant in a town that has little pity. Her America's Sweetheart image has been eclipsed and her star is dimming from view.

Joan Collins stands by her words and isn't apologizing. She uttered her opinion, it's her legal right to do so. Unlike many, she's owning what she said.

Vulgar and uncouth, certainly. Tasteless, tacky, classless? Sure. Does Joan Collins care about being any of those things? No, she doesn't. If she did, she'd be back peddling with the best of them, shrinking from view, offering apologies...none of which she's doing.

And why should she relax and retire? She's still enjoying herself, still having fun, still alive.

Everyone puts on a facade, it's the nature of the business. And I feel the way you do Carl, Joan's made a career on her appeal, she's 77 and still, mildly, relevant. If she wasn't, her comments wouldn't have been a blip on the radar screen.

• Members

I can do nothing but bow down at the sentiment expressed in this post!

There is a line between fixing something that makes you feel self-conscious, and conforming to impossible standards of youth and so-called beauty.

When I think of my grandmother, I don't think of her age but the fact that she had the softest, most velvety skin I have ever touched. If she'd been stretched and pulled and botoxed and acid-peeled to within an inch of her life, she would have become... untouchable. Frozen.

About Demi, though: she may not have had her stretchmarks done. But she's had something done. Something that allows her features to move. Because damn. She looks better now than she did 15 years ago.

• Members

Not boiling at all. Sylph's never really liked Joan. Everyone is entitled to express their own opinion.

The rodent comments are just like Joan's comments about Aniston, an opinion, which everyone is entitled to express. Looks are subjective to a great degree, if anyone should know that, it's me :)!

• Members

Y&RWorldTurner, the Madonna expert :P, will correct me, but I think she even changed her name (legally?) to Esther on the advice she received from the Kabbalah Centre. She was also accused of blasphemy by some rabbis because of her song Isaac.

• Members

Thank you. smile.gif

And you've just hit upon the button of truth - women get better looking with age!!! (Men do too, but we aren't focused on them at the moment ...... Sean Connery for example).

The cult of plastic surgery is denying that beauty for some seamless ideal of a mannequin's face.

Again with my BSG obsession: you put Mary Mcdonnell, Grace Park, Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Hefler together and the stand out by far is Mary. The others are all attractive women, but she exudes beauty in a way the younger women haven't earned yet.

• Members

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif I love the word "blasphemy"... it's so biased...

true bit of trivia: Bing Crosby almost didn't record Adeste Fideles because he thought it would be blasphemy, and never accepted a dime for doing it because he was so strongly Catholic. Now that didn't stop him from beating the crap out of his kids or being one of the bigger egos around, but hey, he was respectful!

- Remos... who amoung other talents has a degree in Theology and a great ability to piss off the Christian Establishment....

• Members

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I feel like I'm attending a fête in hôtel Lambert every day here on SON. The invitees are graduates from prestigious East Coast drama schools or have coveted med school degrees, are globe-trotting from one financial centre to another, one day you hear they're in Barcelona, the other in the Balearics, some are directors in Manhattan advertising agencies, while some others are daytime writers with annual salary exceeding $2m. And some are theologians! laugh.gif

All kinds of fabulous. :)

• Members

A few years ago I remember thinking Mary Steenburgen started to look different, more plastic, but I was never sure. I was wondering if any of you might be able to tell anything from these photos. It was an anniversary thing for Back to the Future. Lea Thomson and a few others are also there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1323888/Back-To-The-Future-cast-reunited-anniversary-launch.html

Archived