Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe anybody thinks Lauren Koslow doesn't look great. I can't think of too many women in their mid 50s who look as good as she does, and she doesn't have that worn and weathered look women in that age range often get when they choose to keep their body at the expense of her face (Nancy Lee Grahn I think is a great example of this).

Someone who doesn't look like they had work done was Emma Samms. Clearly aged, but clearly her. She has the hint of puffiness and gravity that comes in the face with time too. Then sticking with Dynasty women, there is Heather Locklear, who clearly did something awful.

• Members

I thought Emma looked very...different on her last return.

Do you think Heather's drinking affected her looks?

What about Marcia Cross? I loved her on Melrose, but she does little for me on DH. The Botox is one reason. She seems incapable of moving her face.

• Members

Bob Woods and Erika Slezak both looked rejuvenated in the lower face and neck around the same time, I think they both had one of those "weekend lifts" that were all the rage at the time.

Lisa Rinna admitted to having silicone injected into her lips on The Wendy Williams Show. She and her girlfriends were looking for something more permanent than collagen. I think any doctor worth his license will tell you that injecting silicone into your body is a BAD idea. This is what a lot of male to female transexuals (especially lower income) have injected their cheeks, lips, and breasts with, very risky black market business.

• Members

Well... I have to say the best looking woman in daytime over 50 has GOT to be Suzanne Rogers. Daytime fan, what are your thoughts on her? she looks so FRESH, so NATURAL... just wonderful for a woman of her age, she seems to age as beautifully as Olivia Newton John. I don't mind face lifts if they are needed.... but I HATE lip work and eyebrow lifts, it changes the way people look. And although Dickson has been botoxed from here to eternity, at least she still looks like herself. A wax figure of herself... but still herself. As far as who is untouched? I'd lay money that Beth Maitland hasn't had anything done. Nor Julianna McCarthy.

• Members

Lisa Rinna looks horrible. I've known alot of women who have had this lip work done, and they stand around and "pout" to show them off! it's like they are making their lips pose for a photo shoot or something. I have a customer whom I refer to as "Lipps, Inc.". Now... MARK MY WORDS. In 20 years, women are going to be looking back at the tattoos and tub stopper lips of today and CRINGING. the same way people today look upon the mullet. (and for the record, as long as it's not a severe "Billy Ray Cyrus" one, that hairstyle looked GOOD on men, and I think it still does... as long as it's properly proportioned.)

• Members

For once Sylph and I are in 100% agreement ;) I know it's almost a necesary evil, and it has made me appreciate even examples like Lucci which haven't gone Meg Ryan/Lisa Rinna/Hunter Tyler insane, but it's something I honestly don't really get. I guess though I do have different standards--I admit I barely think of facelifts as plastic surgery anymore--it was funny in All Her Children (yes I'm mentioning my fave book again :wub:) when they explain how the actress who played Margo is getting a facelift and they feel the need to explain what that even means--this is 1976 and I have to admit the surgery seems so normal to me that I barely think of it as corrective surgery.

Archived