Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

I am all for plastic surgery but I think one should wait until after 50 before getting a face lift. So many of these actresses seem to be getting them at 36 and wind up looking like freaks.

My all time fave is Tina Turner. She's 70 and looks awesome.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We should talk about all that Jennifer Garies has had done. I think she is a billboard for too much plastic surgery, even more than those like Zeman and Joan Van Ark, because she got it so young. Even Joan Van Ark didn't start with the heavy stuff until she got to her mid/late 40s.

• Members

The difference is absolutely staggering. The skin you go into a surgery with is the skin you come out of a surgery with. Smoking RUINS the skin. It turns it into leathery, dried out, ashen, paper. It's the worst thing you can do, I think it's worse than being a sun worshipper. Booze is terrible too.

Plastic surgery works, to some degree, by stimulating your skin to repair itself after it has sustained an 'injury' (that is how a laser works, theoretically). If your skin function is impaired (thanks to smoking or drinking) then the result is going to be impaired as well.

Was, emphasis on the was. She has aged remarkably well for a smoker. The voice was hers in the 80s, it hasn't changed much since then. Certainly, it's been 'enhanced' (I say that only because I think she has the sexiest voice in the world) by her smoking, but it wasn't what caused it.

She was still smoking till the early 90s. I feel that's why her facelift didn't last her as long as it should have and why her skin is so poor. She as also an alcoholic till the early 80s, so that took it's toll as well.

I have to wonder how you think Lauren Koslow butchered her face? For a 56 year old woman, she is absolutely gorgeous. She hasn't had surgery either, just fillers, Botox and very skilled makeup (her husband is a makeup artist). She doesn't look 'done' and still has animation in her face. The lips are just enough, any more and she wouldn't look good.

Almost everyone in television has either had veneers or their teeth professionally whitened. I'd say 99% of people on television, regardless of the medium, have had serious work done on their teeth.

Crystal has had some very suspect Botox done. It's really impaired her looks and it's caused her eyebrows to droop. That is a temporary side effect and will improve over the next 3-6 months. Her breast implants were inappropriate for her frame. I'm glad she didn't have new ones put in. She is someone who looks her best, naturally.

• Members

What do you think of Lisa Rinna's claims that her lips are natural?

And can we think of some men in daytime who have had work done? I can't think of any immediately but I'm sure there are a few.

Bad facelifts on men can sometimes be even more jarring than those on women, like Michael Douglas and Jon Voight. Unless that's just odd aging and not surgery.

• Members

Lisa Rinna is hilarious. If her lips are real then I am Joan Collins.

LOTS of men in daytime have had work done. LOTS. Many more than you'd think, throw out a name, I'll give you my thoughts.

A bad facelift on a man is the worst. Michael Douglas has had at least 2 and Jon Voight looks awful after his.

• Members

What about Michael O'Leary (Rick, GL)? He looked bizarre in GL's last 3-4 years.

Was it just hair dye or was it something else?

BTW, did you hear that Joan Collins is going to be doing a week long stint on the German soap Verbotene Liebe?

Archived