Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

BREAKING NEWS: 'AMC' Hires Kreizman and Swajeski

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
321 replies to this topic

#1 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,692 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:36 PM

SON EXCLUSIVE! BREAKING NEWS: 'AMC' Hires Kreizman and Swajeski

#2 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,381 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

David Kreizman again?? Talk about failing upwards.

I know Swajeski is seen as a mixed bag but I did like some of her run at AW. I hope she can do well at AMC. She was good at characterization and long term plotting, which AMC needs.

Now I wish they had a stronger producer.

#3 YurSoakinginit

YurSoakinginit

Contract

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

KREIZMAN???!? :o

I sure hope this team is going to receive some EXTENSIVE training from Broderick & Nixon.

Regarding Swajeski, I certainly know who she is, especially pertaining to Another World. But I'm not entirely familiar with her writing style.

ETA: Please find out if Lorraine is at least staying on as Associate Head Writer. (She obviously passed on an offer for the permanent top scribe position.) And do we know when this is effective?

Edited by YurSoakinginit, 13 January 2010 - 09:49 PM.

#4 alexisfan07

alexisfan07

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 9,588 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

Oh god, the reactions aren't positive so far are they? I know nothing about them.

#5 Rakesh

Rakesh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

Congrats on the exclusive, Toups!

Kreizman? WTF?!

#6 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

Honestly, I don't think that it matters. Regardless of the headwriter, all the ABC soaps are fundamentally the same. Plus AMC isn't in any danger of cancellation for a couple years and when it is time for it to go nothing a headwriter can do will stop the end.

#7 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,381 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

alexisfan07, you may want to Youtube "Tom Pelphrey" or "Jonathan Guiding Light." If you enjoy his scenes, you may enjoy Kriezman.

Since Stephanie Gaschet is already at AMC, I wonder how long it will be before they bring in Pelphrey and Kreizman has Jammy 2.0 take over the show.

Honestly, I don't think that it matters. Regardless of the headwriter, all the ABC soaps are fundamentally the same. Plus AMC isn't in any danger of cancellation for a couple years and when it is time for it to go nothing a headwriter can do will stop the end.

That's a good point, but I do think the headwriter can have some input. Pratt seemed to have a lot of impact, even if he didn't get all the stories he wanted.

#8 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

Damn, Why don't they just CANCEL this show already....

These two weren't any good at GL, why the hell would they be good at AMC?

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 13 January 2010 - 09:52 PM.

#9 YurSoakinginit

YurSoakinginit

Contract

• Members
  • 751 posts

Since Stephanie Gaschet is already at AMC, I wonder how long it will be before they bring in Pelphrey and Kreizman has Jammy 2.0 take over the show.

Carl, you just picked the Jamie Martin recast. :lol:

#10 LoyaltoAMC

LoyaltoAMC

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

No. Just no. I think Kreizman probably has some strong ideas. I think he would've worked out better at GL if not for their severe budget crunching. But does he have enough power and experience to stand up to JHC and Frons? So is he coming to AMC after ATWT is off the air? I've always seen Swajeski as one of those placeholder writers, a la Brown and Esensten, neither great nor terrible, and just sort of there and ineffective until someone better come along. I didn't care much for her AW stint. She was all plot, plot, plot. Beauty and the Beast ripoff, anyone? I was seriously hoping Lorraine would hang around for a while. Oh well, on the bright side, at least we're not getting Leah Laiman or Maria Arena Bell!

#11 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

It seems like AMC just can't catch a break, it's always one disastrous hack with a sh!tty track record after another, and they all get worse and never improve at this show.

#12 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,381 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

Carl, you just picked the Jamie Martin recast. :lol:

I doubt Kriezman will care about bringing back a past character. This may be vengeful, mysterious Dante Martino, Tad's long lost child, sent off to Italy at a young age, and back for revenge. He seduces Liza and Krystal before settling down with Madison, with whom he had a secret child while she was trying to get away from her abusive husband.

Colby flips out and decides Dante is her man...and Frons decides Crystal Hunt is just right for the part.

#13 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 55,381 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

I wonder if we can write in and ask Donna to help Carmen Duncan get hired...

#14 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,612 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

Just when I thought they might actually be trying to save this show

What the hell is Frons' problem hiring one hack after another? Is he TRYING to get this show cancelled? Ugh

#15 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

So, I assume AMC's writing team will soon comprise of GL and ATWT's leftovers....

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 13 January 2010 - 10:00 PM.

#16 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,612 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

So the move to LA is for naught. What was wrong with making Lorraine Broderick headwriter, not someone who killed one soap(with the help of Wheeler)

#17 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

Maybe they'll bring Daniel Cosgrove back as Scott...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 13 January 2010 - 10:06 PM.

#18 LoyaltoAMC

LoyaltoAMC

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

Frons obviously wants people he can control and who won't fight his agenda. I don't think he had that with Pratt and he wouldn't have that with Lorraine. Swajeski is the very definition of a fellow traveler. A total "yes" person. Again, I think Kreizman is talented, and under different circumstances I would be all for him, but I don't see Frons letting him get his ideas across. We're probably jumping the gun by predicting doom, but I don't think this is the type of news we were hoping for.

#19 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

HO HO HO

• Members
  • 24,621 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

Ditto!! This show is toast! LMAO...I thought this was some kind of joke...lol. Why does Kreizman the hack keep getting employed. I am shocked Jean Passanante wasnt named co writer with them. As DeeDeee would say...watch it happen...LOL

#20 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

I always sensed Frons liked what Kreizman and Swajeski were doing at GL, in fact, I remember him commenting well about the quality of the show several times during their tenure there. This isn't completely surprising.

Kreizman and Swajeski's GL tried a little too hard to be a contemporary soap, and it got them some Emmy attention, and I think Frons liked that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users