The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Glad Britney and Demi got the best groups while LA Reid got the worst. LOL

Demi's The Young Adults: Cece was definitely the best. Her rendition of "Sexy and I know It" was amazing. I hope the four girls make it through. Paige has the voice and the looks (I think she's prettier than Rihanna) but she lacks confidence. The only one who I really don't want to make it is Nick Youngerman. I predict Demi will cut Nick and Willie Jones.

Simon's Groups: Lyric 145's rendition of "Party in the USA" was jaw dropping good. If their version was a single, I'd put it on my ipod - that's how good I thought it was. LOL Lyric Da Queen was the star of the group - she was awesome. I kinda enjoyed Playback's performance. I can see them being the American version of One Direction which is why I think Simon put them together. I'd be shocked if Simon didn't choose them. Dope Crisis - I can see why they barely got any air time....the'yre awful. Sister C was okay but like Simon said, "Will the audience vote for them?" If last year proved anything, with Lakoda Rayne, the answer is no. Lylas weren't great either but I can see Simon giving them a chance. I predict Simon will cut Sister C and Dope Crisis.

As for Britney's teens, I think Diamond White and Arin Ray are a sure thing. Based on looks and their audtions, I hope James Tanner and Reed Deming are cut.

For LA's oldies, the only one I don't want to make it is Jason Brock. The only one I truly like in this catergory is David Correy.

• Members

Demi/Young Adults

I was surprised Demi chose a Jonas Bro to be her guest judge after the alleged drama she's gone through w/one of them, LOL. But I thought Nick was good.

I'm glad Demi addressed CeCe coming across as unlikeable. That was a good moment and I actually started to like her. I have to admit her performance was really good! SO GLAD Demi gave her that advice before her audition.

I like Paige but once again she wasn't that great. I really don't think she's ready but I'd be happy to see her go through anyway.

Demi (about Nick Youngerman): "I couldn't tell if I was loving it or super annoyed by it." LMAO! I felt pretty much the exact same way. I don't know about him.

I could NOT BELIEVE Willie Jones was put through after his disastrous showing during boot camp week. Seriously? What's so great about his voice anyway?! Ally Brooke deserved his place!

I love the sound of Jillian's voice & I thought she did a pretty good job during her audition. I felt the same way about Jennel.

I hope Demi puts through CeCe, Paige, Nick and either Jennel or Jillian. Just NOT Willie. NO!

Simon/The Groups

Just no to Mark Anthony being the guest judge.

Dope Crisis - LMFAO. OMG! I was dying. The beginning was alright but overall that was not a very good rendition of Super Bass. NEXT! It was a little sad though how their whole edit got cut short for the girl group at the end.

Playback - Wow, I was really feeling that thrown together group. Not sure about their dancing but they sounded good & I think they have potential! I agree with Toups they totally gave off a One Direction vibe & that's what Simon sees in them. Btw, WTH was Mark Anthony talking about? Get out!

Emblem 3 - rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif 100% DOUCHEBAGS! No further comment.

Lyric 145 - AMAZING!! I was seriously blown away. I wasn't expecting that. Really well done, and I freaking love Lyric Da Queen!

Sister C - I was just bored to tears by them. I still agree with Britney, they're annoying! They seem really stuck up.

Lylas - Why did they name their group that?? But I kinda loved them! All the girls sounded great. Thank god they found a place for Ally Brooke wub.png I have to figure out the rest of the girls names. There's another one I really like.

All I know is I hope Simon puts through Lyrics 145, Playback & Lylas.

The rest of the show. I was extremely annoyed by L.A. acting pissy over getting the over 25's. I mean I got it but he took it another level and actually acted like a baby over it. He even told that group he didn't want them at first rolleyes.gif Jeeze!! And Justin Bieber is his guest judge?? LMAO!! How does he relate to the over 25's?? Him & boring Mark Anthony should've switched places.

Also, I cannot believe Jeffrey Gutt wasn't put through. WTF???

• Members

I don't think the Over 25's is a bad category, unless you let joke acts through. Nicole had a strong group of Over 25's last season and in the UK, one of their big success stories is with Olly Murs, who was in that category. Actually, he's doing well in the US with his single Heart Skips A Beat. I haven't watched yet, but LA's outburst looked stupid in the previews. If anything, I'd be upset having the Teens. I'm very much against this category because I don't think people under 16 should be allowed on these shows. I find kids on these shows annoying, although I do admit to liking a couple in this category. I just think it would be a waste of money if a 13 year old won. This isn't the show for them. Give them a show on Disney and let them release music at 16-18 when it could stand a chance of selling.

• Administrator

Olly Murs is at least a good looking guy which makes him marketable in pop music. How are you going to market the guys to the pop audience? You can't. Tara Simon is good looking, but I don't think she's anything special.

• Members

Well I totally agree with you, but do you really think there weren't viable popstars in the 25-35 age range? The category sucks because the JUDGES put through a bunch of losers who had interesting stories. Shakira, Usher, Xtina, Britney, etc. are all in the Over 25's category and there are lots of people that age trying to break out. THey just didn't narrow it down well enough.

• Administrator

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/total-f-up-baseball-rain-delay-pushes-tonights-x-factor-to-tuesday-will-preempt-comedy-block-and-face-nbcs-the-voice/

Wow, FOX messed up big time today due to baseball rain delay. They only showed part of X-Factor instead of just delaying the entire episode. In Canada, we got to see all of Demi, Britney, and LA's choices, along with Simon choosing two acts while rejecting one. Then CTV cut the last 15 minutes. How frustrating.

Will post my thoughts on who made it/got cut, tomorrow.

• Members

I didnt expect them to do all of one judge's choices and then move on to the next and so on. I thought the episode would keep jumping aroun between the 4.

Im glad Demi cut Bully Girl. I was not fooled by her story. Next!

I was shocked to see Britney cut 3 boys and keep 3 girls. I thought it would be an even split. Have to say IA with her choices as the girls were the strongest singers

Really not all that intersted in LA's older group. So glad he cut Tara though. She was a hating ass bitch and her attitude and cockiness rubbed me the wrong way

Groups...the only one I even know and remember are Emblem3 and Sister C. Lyric's eyepatch and headphones are annoying. She's trying too hard

Overall I liked the decisions last night. Everyone I liked went through and even those I didnt that did, I felt deserved it.

Archived